Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I do it?

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Should I do it?

I just found out that I am eligible for membership in PSECU, even though I don't live in PA.  Other than the EX FICO score, which is reason enough by itself, is there any other reason to join?

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Should I do it?

@LesWH wrote:

I just found out that I am eligible for membership in PSECU, even though I don't live in PA.  Other than the EX FICO score, which is reason enough by itself, is there any other reason to join?

you got a psecu roommate? lol besides they're a good bank and offers decent products it's good, personally I think the EX score is worth it alone lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 8
LesWH
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

you got a psecu roommate? lol besides they're a good bank and offers decent products it's good, personally I think the EX score is worth it alone lol

No.  I belong to an organization that offers membership.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck, OP. I too thought I was eligible through an organization offer (the PA Chamber) and PSECU said no way unless I lived in PA. I tried at the frenzy and things may have simmered down. Also tried to bring my business into the PSECU fold but that didn't work either since we were based in VA.

Message 4 of 8
LesWH
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Good luck, OP. I too thought I was eligible through an organization offer (the PA Chamber) and PSECU said no way unless I lived in PA. I tried at the frenzy and things may have simmered down. Also tried to bring my business into the PSECU fold but that didn't work either since we were based in VA.

I'm a Registered Nurse, with an active Pennsylvania nursing license, and I'm a member of the Pennsylvania State Nurses' Association.

Message 5 of 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I'm a Registered Nurse, with an active Pennsylvania nursing license, and I'm a member of the Pennsylvania State Nurses' Association.

But do you live in PA?

You could always Chnceit Smiley Very Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 8
LesWH
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@llecs wrote:

But do you live in PA?

Nope, but apparently the contract PSECU has with PSNA is that ALL members of PSNA are eligible for membership if they want it.

Message 7 of 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@llecs wrote:

But do you live in PA?

Nope, but apparently the contract PSECU has with PSNA is that ALL members of PSNA are eligible for membership if they want it.

Then of course you can use that as leverage if you get denied membership. 

All the cards in your signature seems like you could get approved. Just by looking at them.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.