cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I downgrade to platinum from BoA Travel Rewards Visa Signature?- first time post

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I downgrade to platinum from BoA Travel Rewards Visa Signature?- first time post

Hi,

this is my first post on this forum. Just had my FICO scores purchased last week. WIth around 740+ originally across all three(after applying 3 cards, I have 728 731 and 740). 4 yrs history.

As my second credit card, I applied for BofA Travel Rewards- But got the card with Visa Signature. It has 13,000 CL which I was happy about. But after searching on google, Visa Signature doesn't report total CL. I have a Cash Rewards Visa Platinum with 18,000 CL but carrying a balance of 8,000. The reason I applied the Travel Rewards is to get some travel credits and mainly to lower my utilization ratio...However, just noticed the BofA Visa Signature doesn't report CL..If I carry any balance on that card it will lower my utilization..am I right?.. what should I do? Can I call BoA and have it changed to Visa platinum or MasterCard? Is it gonna change my CL on that card?

Also applied and approved for two Barclays cards last weekend. 

An Uber $5000 CL and a Wyndham Rewards with only $1000(heard that two apps within same day count as 1 HP at Barclays so I applied Wyndham, feeling Wyndham useless..and Barclays discontinued the Arrival+ so I didnt know what I should apply)

Do you happen to know if Uber and Wyndham are Platinum or Signature as well? I wanted to lower my current utilization tho..

I kinda hate Signature now. ... If so, can you request a product change? what are the pros and cons that I dont know about?

Give me some advice! First time posting.

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Visa Signature?

Yes you call call BOA, ask the rep that answers to be transferred to Credit Card Services, and request a change.  I think its ironic that I just got off the phone after requesting a product change on my BoA Cash Rewards card from Visa Platinum Plus to Visa Signature and you're asking to do the exact opposite.

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi,

this is my first post on this forum. Just had my FICO scores purchased last week. WIth around 740 across all three. 4 yrs history.

As my second credit card, I applied for BofA Travel Rewards. But got the card with Visa Signature. It has 13,000 CL which I was happy about. But after searching on google, Visa Signature doesn't report total CL. I have a Cash Rewards Visa Platinum with 18,000 CL but carrying a balance of 8,000. The reason I applied the Travel Rewards is to get some travel credits and mainly to lower my utilization ratio...However, just noticed the BofA Visa Signature doesn't report CL..If I carry any balance on that card it will lower my utilization.... what should I do? Can I call BoA and have it changed to Visa platinum or MasterCard? 

Also applied and approved for two Barclays last weekend. 

A Uber $5000 CL and a Wyndham Rewards with only $1000(heard that two apps within same day count as 1 HP at Barclays so I applied Wyndham, feeling Wyndham useless..and Barclays discontinued the Arrival+)

Do you happen to know if Uber and Wyndham are Platinum or Signature.

I kinda hate Signature now. ... If so, can you request a product change? what are the pros and cons that I dont know about?

Give me some advice! First time posting. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah.. didn't expect your response to be so quick... so thank you!!!!

well..yea. how was your experience? did they compromise anything on the credit line? why would you prefer Visa signature? Can you share some of your thoughts on the benefits that I might not already know?

I meant..seriously when I applied the travel rewards..I was intentionally trying to lower my utilization ratio..

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The big benefit for me is the extended warranty but there's also other benefits like concierge services and upgraded auto insurance that arent available on the lower tier Visa cards.  I actually had my credit limit increased from $6K to $13K, and since Visa Signature is $10K and above I requested the change.  I don't carry balances so I'm not worried about utilization ratio.

@Anonymouswrote:

ah.. didn't expect your response to be so quick... so thank you!!!!

well..yea. how was your experience? did they compromise anything on the credit line? why would you prefer Visa signature? Can you share some of your thoughts on the benefits that I might not already know?

I meant..seriously when I applied the travel rewards..I was intentionally trying to lower my utilization ratio..

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I downgrade to platinum from BoA Travel Rewards Visa Signature?- first time post

I'm

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi,

this is my first post on this forum. Just had my FICO scores purchased last week. WIth around 740+ originally across all three(after applying 3 cards, I have 728 731 and 740). 4 yrs history.

As my second credit card, I applied for BofA Travel Rewards- But got the card with Visa Signature. It has 13,000 CL which I was happy about. But after searching on google, Visa Signature doesn't report total CL. I have a Cash Rewards Visa Platinum with 18,000 CL but carrying a balance of 8,000. The reason I applied the Travel Rewards is to get some travel credits and mainly to lower my utilization ratio...However, just noticed the BofA Visa Signature doesn't report CL..If I carry any balance on that card it will lower my utilization..am I right?.. what should I do? Can I call BoA and have it changed to Visa platinum or MasterCard? Is it gonna change my CL on that card?

Also applied and approved for two Barclays cards last weekend. 

An Uber $5000 CL and a Wyndham Rewards with only $1000(heard that two apps within same day count as 1 HP at Barclays so I applied Wyndham, feeling Wyndham useless..and Barclays discontinued the Arrival+ so I didnt know what I should apply)

Do you happen to know if Uber and Wyndham are Platinum or Signature as well? I wanted to lower my current utilization tho..

Give me some advice! First time posting.

not sure if it's essentially a downgrade..tho so don't blame me

Message 5 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymouswrote:

Hi,

this is my first post on this forum. Just had my FICO scores purchased last week. WIth around 740 across all three. 4 yrs history.

As my second credit card, I applied for BofA Travel Rewards. But got the card with Visa Signature. It has 13,000 CL which I was happy about. But after searching on google, Visa Signature doesn't report total CL. I have a Cash Rewards Visa Platinum with 18,000 CL but carrying a balance of 8,000. The reason I applied the Travel Rewards is to get some travel credits and mainly to lower my utilization ratio...However, just noticed the BofA Visa Signature doesn't report CL..If I carry any balance on that card it will lower my utilization.... what should I do? Can I call BoA and have it changed to Visa platinum or MasterCard? 

Also applied and approved for two Barclays last weekend. 

A Uber $5000 CL and a Wyndham Rewards with only $1000(heard that two apps within same day count as 1 HP at Barclays so I applied Wyndham, feeling Wyndham useless..and Barclays discontinued the Arrival+)

Do you happen to know if Uber and Wyndham are Platinum or Signature.

Give me some advice! First time posting. Smiley Happy

Are you certain that BoA doesn't report the credit line on Signature Visa cards?

I know there was a time a few years ago where this was an issue, but I thought these days that all banks reported a credit line, with the account type of 'Flexible Spending Account' instead of 'Revolving', meaning that your utilization would be OK.

There's a lot of BoA siggy card holders around here... hopefully we'll have one that can confirm either way.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Should I downgrade to platinum from BoA Travel Rewards Visa Signature?- first time post

Cant speak for BoA but my Cap1/Cabelas $10k VS reports the credit limit on all 3 CRA.  Id check Credit Karma and see if the CL reports before you do anything

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've actually seen many people saying ONLY the BoA Visa Siggy don't report CL ? 

Message 8 of 23
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

All my Visa Sig cards report CLs, including BoA.  I'm not sure where OP is getting this info from.

You'd be throwing away a lot of benefits converting the travel rewards card to a plain "white" BankAmericard.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

btw what extended warranty do you file? I mean I saw the vehicle warranty is not included...and my car just went out of 4 yrs warranty coverage.

what products do you file for extended warranty? 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.