cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I forget about AZEO & just apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I forget about AZEO & just apply?

Stay strong! I’m also 1 month away we’ve made it this far might as well just finish it out.

Message 11 of 40
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

WaitSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 40
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Slso dont compare your profile to your friends, we can guess based off others but it will always be ymmv.
Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm always conservative when it comes to this type of stuff and always think it's a best practice to position your profile in the best possible light prior to any app.  That being said, it seems waiting a bit to maximize your profile would be the wisest decision.

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would app now if I were you, but I can see how it would go either way. Ultimately it's up to you whether or not you feel comfortable doing it but I wouldn't hope for a more favorable SL to be offered.
Message 15 of 40
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

peer-pressure

OP, it's up to you when it comes down to it.  I would wait, others say go for it now.  I would hate to see a 1K limit that you can't really use when waiting "might" get you over the 5K hurdle and have to take less HP CLI attempts to get it to a useful limit.  On the other hand you might get a 1K limit and use the hell out of it and get an auto CLI out of them which doesn't happen often but the unicorn does strike every once in awhile.

My gut is telling me to wait a bit more, I mean I've waited over a year so whats one more month right? But I also have major anxiety about apping I just want to get it over with. I'm thinking the SL aside I might not get instantly approved and have to go through either recon or verification. So that possible aspect makes a a bit anxious.

I know getting future CLIs from Chase is going to be a hassle, not looking forward to the HPs, but if I can get anywhere from 3500-4000 SL, I would be a happy camper Also if I did get less than 2000, is there anyway I could recon the SL without another HP?

IMHO, if you have your eyes set on a $3500-4000 SL, I think its best to wait it out. Ask yourself—am I going to beat myself up if it’s less than this—just $1k or $2.5K or god forbid $500? And that’s your answer. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 40
Aim_High
Super Contributor

" ... Another reason why I'm anxious to get the card is that my friend just got approved for the CFU ..."

Ahhhh ... and now we know the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey used to say.
Nothing like a little peer pressure to push us over the edge.
As someone said, don't compare your credit situation to others.  There are too many variables and we tend to forget the differences in the situations.
I agree with the advice above to follow your gut instinct:  W A I T ....
From my observations and experience, Chase can be a pickier lender.  If you want a better starting limit and establishing a stronger relationship with them early-on, I think it's best to wait until you have a thicker file and higher scores.  Are there other cards you've considered in the interim?

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm always conservative when it comes to this type of stuff and always think it's a best practice to position your profile in the best possible light prior to any app.  That being said, it seems waiting a bit to maximize your profile would be the wisest decision.

I agree with this. It can't hurt. This is exactly why I'm waiting for my 5 cards to be AZEO as of May 24 before I apply for the "pre-approved" CSP. And I've been a Chase banking customer for years and receive my full direct deposit into my checking account and have a savings account with them.

Message 18 of 40
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with this. It can't hurt. This is exactly why I'm waiting for my 5 cards to be AZEO as of May 24 before I apply for the "pre-approved" CSP. And I've been a Chase banking customer for years and receive my full direct deposit into my checking account and have a savings account with them.

If you only have the 5 CCs, please do not let them all report $0 or you will see a drop in scores. AZEO is “all zero except one” and that one preferably beween 2-5%. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 40
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:

I checked my online account, no "just for u" offers, but I'm pre-qualified when I sign in to my account for 4. I went to the bank today to see if I has any pre-approvals, but the banker said I was preselected, I don't know if that means the same thing as a pre-qual.

Having an on-line account implies you already have a checking or savings account at Chase. I think that will count in your favor with an app.

The 3UR points offer up to $20k is a nice offer, although you would have to spend $10,000 during the year to beat the old 15,000 UR Bonus offer. Given your income level, I think the bonus offers are probably a toss up.

Waiting may give you a better SL, but even if the first CL is "disappointing" it is getting into a Chase card, to further grow your relationship, internal score. Credit is a marathon, not a sprint, not a single day at the races.

I see no issue with recommending application now, but if you want to wait to further refine your credit file, that's fine too.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.