cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go for Chase Freedom and Capital One Quicksilver?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I go for Chase Freedom and Capital One Quicksilver?

@samm90 wrote:
I too recommend a blue cash and IT. If you do go Amex make sure you use cards match to get the best sign up bonus.

he tried it yesterday and did not get matched.

he is also not getting pre-qual at cap1.

I think the fab scores are being shuttered by the very thin file so I still agree he will probably get approved for all the cards but will just have to cold app them all and that's why I think it's proof even more that it needs to be done!

Message 11 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@samm90 wrote:
I too recommend a blue cash and IT. If you do go Amex make sure you use cards match to get the best sign up bonus.

he tried it yesterday and did not get matched.

he is also not getting pre-qual at cap1.

I think the fab scores are being shuttered by the very thin file so I still agree he will probably get approved for all the cards but will just have to cold app them all and that's why I think it's proof even more that it needs to be done!

or she... sorry op depending Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 43
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What are some higher tier cards I should go for? I dont care for traveling miles, and I don't really care for low interest since I don't buy anything I don't already have the money for. Maybe in the future Ill need a low interest card, but by then my credit score will be so high that it wont be a problem to apply for the best one. The quicksilver has 1.5% cash back on everything so thats better than my 1% on my bank of america cash rewards cards..

If I do get approved for my cards how should I got about asking for a credit limit increase? Is their anyway to do it without a hard pull?

Thanks yall for the replys! 

If I were you, I would apply for the Freedom, BCE, Discover it, and quicksilver. That would be a solid mix of high tier cards--save for the qs, but 1.5% on everything is nice...I am tossing around the idea of apping for that one in my Feb app spree.

I would get BCP not BCE but this would be my suggested line up too... but for sure the Cap1 and Chase Freedom are great starters for you to do first.

You are right CA. I wish that I would have gotten the BCP instead of my BCE, but I figured that the lack of an AF would be better for a young man who is just starting out.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 13 of 43
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

I suggest starting with the Amex BCP. Wait the 61 days and ask for a 3x CLI. Once the new credit line hits your reports, apply for the Freedom and the Discover IT cards.

Message 14 of 43
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@PhoenixDown wrote:

I suggest starting with the Amex BCP. Wait the 61 days and ask for a 3x CLI. Once the new credit line hits your reports, apply for the Freedom and the Discover IT cards.

The only problem with this is that when it hits, it will lower an already thin AAoA--which is why I think that they should all be done at once. Then garden while taking andvantage of SP CLI where you can.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 15 of 43
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

There are two versions of the Quicksilver (a Visa one with no AF and the MC version which is Quicksilver One and has a $39 AF which the EO can waive).

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 16 of 43
H4LO
Established Contributor

@Apinzon2374 wrote:
There are two versions of the Quicksilver (a Visa one with no AF and the MC version which is Quicksilver One and has a $39 AF which the EO can waive).

One requires very good credit, and the other doesn't. Ask me how I know... Denied the QuickSilver but the EO took care of me.

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is it safe to assume there is a very high chance I get approved for the quicksilver and chase freedom? When I apply online, how soon could I know if I'm accepted?

Message 18 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Instant on capital one and possible instant with chase or call Monday for follow up on app.
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ironically got instantly approved for $2500 for chase freedom and capital one said "7-10 days" until I find out... Do you still think I should get a costco american express before my 1.5 year gardening?

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.