Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go for new Cap One card?

tag
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Should I go for new Cap One card?

Hi all. I have a crappy Cap One card with a $750 limit. I have been pre approved for the Cap One Prestige, Venture Rewards, and Cap One Cash. My scores are in my signature. Do you think I should apply for one of these cards? Will they let me combine accounts later? My credit portfolio is below. 

PNC Flex Visa - 17.5k

Citi Platinum Select MC - 10.2k

BOA World Points - 10k

Citi MTVU - 8.3k

Discover More - 5.5k

Nordstrom Sig Visa - 5k

Citi Diamond Preferred - 3.7k

Banana Republic - 2.3k

Amex Blue - 1k

I have other retail cards that I don't use. Total avail credit is over 70k. Util @ 20% - will be much lower by the end of this month. 8 or 9 INQ on EX, 4 or so on EQ & TU. Your thoughts are appreciated! 

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I go for new Cap One card?

@lovely222 wrote:

Hi all. I have a crappy Cap One card with a $750 limit. I have been pre approved for the Cap One Prestige, Venture Rewards, and Cap One Cash. My scores are in my signature. Do you think I should apply for one of these cards? Will they let me combine accounts later? My credit portfolio is below. 

PNC Flex Visa - 17.5k

Citi Platinum Select MC - 10.2k

BOA World Points - 10k

Citi MTVU - 8.3k

Discover More - 5.5k

Nordstrom Sig Visa - 5k

Citi Diamond Preferred - 3.7k

Banana Republic - 2.3k

Amex Blue - 1k

@I have other retail cards that I don't use. Total avail credit is over 70k. Util @ 20% - will be much lower by the end of this month. 8 or 9 INQ on EX, 4 or so on EQ & TU. Your thoughts are appreciated! 

To be honest it really depends on which CB they pull...I know they will usually pull all 3 for new customers but I believe once you are a customer they just pull one. I didn't see your EQ score in your signature. 

Message 2 of 8
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Hello again, fusion! I haven't pulled EQ in awhile. In May it was 710 or so. Do you know what limit I can expect with these cards? If it's not that much higher, there's no point in applying. 

Does anyone know who they pull in NJ? 

Message 3 of 8
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Do you need more credit? It seems you have a lot of available credit already?

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 4 of 8
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Do you need more credit? It seems you have a lot of available credit already?

Smiley Very Happy Haha. Touche. I just want to change my subprime Cap One card to a prime one. If they don't pull EX, I will likely app for one and combine/close the old account. 

Message 5 of 8
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Ah well, pulled the trigger. Approved for Venture One Rewards - 3k limit, no AF, 0% APR until 10/12. 

Now I will really be gardening! 

...Until I try for Amex Zync again. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
Gh0st
Contributor

I kno its a bit off topic but how is PNC? They give you a pretty large limit and I'm looking into getting into the 5 digits in regards to limits. Highest for me is citi with 6k.

.Believe.
Message 7 of 8
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Log into your cap one acct, click on "Modify Features" along the top of your summary. Then click on the dolar sign bubble. You may have already been offered a better card. Cap one will offer to upgrade your card type when you have met certain criteria.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.