Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I keep trying Disco CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I keep trying Disco CLI?

See siggy for scores and limits. My Disco is already 5x my other lines. Since I'm a student who only works part-time at an entry level position, I'm concerned that if I keep getting CLI's that I will reach, say, half my income, which may spook other lenders considering I only have a year of history in the first place. Thoughts? Thank you all!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Should I keep trying Disco CLI?

If the limit is already sufficient for your spend level on the card/your income, there's no real advantage to constantly requesting a CLI. The concern about spooking other lenders has some validity to it (limits vs income), although it's unclear how frequently it ends up mattering for people. That said, in general we have been seeing lenders tightening up, so inflated limits may not be the best thing to go for right now.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the above post.  If I were you I'd likely just roll with whatever limit you currently have and consider bumping it up once your income level goes up.  With your income level currently, I would think whatever your Discover limit is now is perfectly acceptable to handle your spend.

Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Valid points above. However, if Disco wants to keep giving you cli, on sp, than thats fine. As you progress with your credit and career, other creditors will see that you can handle big limits so in my opinion it only helps. If anyone should spook a lender in regards to credit vs income its me. So far so good. When my income becomes an issue i ll understand and address that at the time .

But ive noticed, and this is my observation only Smiley Wink, that the more responsible you are with your credit , more often than not, a creditor will continue extending credit even as they know your income may not be the greatest. With Discover, have fun, they are s true enigma haha.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.