cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I or should I not????? Citi forward.....

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Should I or should I not????? Citi forward.....

Just wondering if I should wait 6 months.... I appreciate in November... Decline....due to BK... Since then amex cards have reported..... approved for CSP last weekend........ Just wondering if I should just simmer down and let my accounts age or should I strike and try my luck....
If I app.... Is there a recon number.......

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I or should I not????? Citi forward.....

You can try if you want to burn INQ. If you are not planning on buying a car or house, go for it.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 13
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
Just wondering if I should wait 6 months.... I appreciate in November... Decline....due to BK... Since then amex cards have reported..... approved for CSP last weekend........ Just wondering if I should just simmer down and let my accounts age or should I strike and try my luck....
If I app.... Is there a recon number.......

Well, it may be too late. I don't see the regular citi forward avail on Citi's site anymore. Just the college version... 

Message 3 of 13
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

My guess I they're taking it off the market for a few days while they revamp the card. A lot of us have gotten messages that they're sending us a new card. After calling, some are finding out they're being upgraded to Visa Sig, and others are finding out they're getting a global chip...neither of which have been offered for the Forward before. I think this is about to be made into a "higher level" card for Citi.
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 4 of 13
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I am surprised you got an AMEX or a CSP with a BK reporting.

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 5 of 13
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@rudy0720 wrote:

I am surprised you got an AMEX or a CSP with a BK reporting.

me too...........

Message 6 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Wow BK and Approval with Amex/ Must be one of the lucky ones. Congrats

Message 7 of 13
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Wow BK and Approval with Amex/ Must be one of the lucky ones. Congrats

I do feel special....now if I could only get CITI to climb aboard........Smiley LOL

BK is from 2005 ......maybe they were in good spirits .....when I apped for Green I sent a letter to a executive team member to reconsider the app....waited probably 4-5 days then I got the email that I was approved.....proceeded to app for Delta and BCP....got message ,then checked web site approved for both...

Message 8 of 13
nyancat
Established Contributor

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:
My guess I they're taking it off the market for a few days while they revamp the card. A lot of us have gotten messages that they're sending us a new card. After calling, some are finding out they're being upgraded to Visa Sig, and others are finding out they're getting a global chip...neither of which have been offered for the Forward before. I think this is about to be made into a "higher level" card for Citi.

"Global chip" (EMV) has been available on Citi Forward, I have one right now.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 13
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Well there goes my theory.

On iPhone. Sorry for lack of quoting.
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.