cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pull the trigger on Amex ZYNC?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I pull the trigger on Amex ZYNC?!?!

Since now is 2012, there's no need to rush to catch "back-dating train" like at the end of 2011. If you aim at their revolver product, just gardening until at the end of 2012 and your AAoA and FICO score should increase enough for qualifying for the card. 

Message 11 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@chris2k5 wrote:

I have been pushing hard to get an Amex since I've gotten into this credit fiasco.

I have been using and paying off my Chase and Capital One with no late payments at ALL. My Discover is still fresh from last month.

My Equifax FICO score was 692 as of December 30, 2011. It might have changed in a positive way because the Discover card might be reporting now and I lowered my utilization.

I have about 15% utilization at the moment on both my Chase and CapitalOne. (Discover isn't showing on CreditKarma).

Should I pull the trigger and app for the Zync? I was denied November/December of 2011 for the BCE but that was stupid on my part to jump for a revolver instead of a charge card.

How does your EX profile look?? How long have you had these 3 accounts? Any baddies?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:
I had most of those same reasons when denied, waited three months, and was approved for green. AAoA was about 1 year on EX, CCs were all fairly young.

Get util % down, let accounts age 2-3 months and don't add INQs and you should be good.

Btw, I still try the AmEx pre-app link and still don't have any offers, so I don't know how that works.

+1000

+1

Wait it out for a little bit and get your util down

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.