cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I trust Orchard will close my account?

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Should I trust Orchard will close my account?

Didn't realize my Annual Fee hits on the 12th until today. CAlled to close the account and asked if I could get an email. They said no, I would get a letter.  The rep sounded sketchy. Definitely overseas.  How do I know they will actually close my account  for sure!!?  She could have a number of accounts to keep open quota and might not hit the button on mine!!!   I wish I had sent a letter but too little too late.  I logged into my account and it's still showing available credit.  Any thoughts? Has anyone ever closed an account with a subprime card only to have them keep it open and apply theannual fee?   $79!  I laughed when she said she'd cut it in half.  Had the card for 3 years with perfect history. Served its purpose

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I trust Orchard will close my account?

@Ortz33__ wrote:

Didn't realize my Annual Fee hits on the 12th until today. CAlled to close the account and asked if I could get an email. They said no, I would get a letter.  The rep sounded sketchy. Definitely overseas.  How do I know they will actually close my account  for sure!!?  She could have a number of accounts to keep open quota and might not hit the button on mine!!!   I wish I had sent a letter but too little too late.  I logged into my account and it's still showing available credit.  Any thoughts? Has anyone ever closed an account with a subprime card only to have them keep it open and apply theannual fee?   $79!  I laughed when she said she'd cut it in half.  Had the card for 3 years with perfect history. Served its purpose

I've closed several subprime accounts (first premier, bbrzmc, cap1) and never had an issue. I've always called back a week later to verify, and monitored my cr to make sure "account closed at consumers request". But if it worries u, try and log in after it hits. That way at least you won't get stuck with a late.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
AllPro
Contributor

You could try to get a Confirmation number from the rep.Anytime i talk to a rep about making changes to account etc i always ask.

Starting Score: EQ 729 TU 727
Current Score: Ex (AMEX) 765 EQ 734 TU 736
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

NO!

You should also send them an email via their online CS system.

See the thread I started here doing the EXACT same thing you did:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Orchard-Bank-Grrr/m-p/1157445#M323370

Cheers,

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.