Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try my luck?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I try my luck?

@jetlife_reeves wrote:

I called I was denied. When I asked why she said lack of the number of cards that I have. So how can I do this without jacking my iq's up.

Kind of lost on what to do here besides wait. I wanted another card so I could lower the utilization of my discover card, my cap 1 card really don't help since it has a low limit I only use it for gas or if I go out to eat.

Did you specifically call the Credit Analyst - Recon (888) 245-0625?

You need to speak directly to one of their credit analysts, tell them you understand you were denied for the Freedom card and would like to request a reconsideration.  They will ask you questions related to the info on your application, income, credit history and why you want the card.  Put together some brief talking points before you call, they almost always want to do what they can to approve you.

Message 21 of 31
Agent_Zero
New Contributor

Yes. I called that number. But I'll try again tomorrow, hopefully will have better news. I will begin working on my getting approved speech night. Fingers crossed. 

Recovering from a irresponsible au.

***-Gardening-***
10/10/13-4/10/13

If it won't for myfico my only card would be my debt it card.
Message 22 of 31
12njoy
Super Contributor

Jetlife,

I think you should be approved on recon.  I apped for the Chase Freedom in March 2013 and was denied.  Called the backdoor number and was asked about several collection accounts and chargeoff's showing on my credit report.  I explained that all had been paid and they were back from 2008 when I had a rough patch.  I was even asked about my 1993 bankruptcy which included Chase.  My EQ (FAKO) score at the time was 640.  Long story short, I was approved on recon for $500.  I kept the card open for 6 months and then closed it because I couldn't get a CLI without a hard pull.  Since that time, I have gotten all the cards in my signature , except the two $5,000 secured cards from USAA.  The rest are all unsecured lines of credit.  With all that being said, you should be approved on recon.  I have a short file too 3.4 years.  Good luck.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 23 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jetlife_reeves wrote:

Update

So I app'd on 9/7. I called the backdoor number today. Entered my ssn. And it say my account is still under review. And it gives  me the option to talk to a CR. Should I do it or just wait.

Sorry it didn't workout for you 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 31
Agent_Zero
New Contributor

I tried again today. This time I was told I don't have enough cards with revolving balance. And I told her that was why I was seeing if I could get this card.. So told me she understood but went back to saying I don't have enough cards reporting but in the future we would be happy to see if you could join us. 

So should I just give up at this point? Should I try for a different card? I only want another card to keep my discover balance low. If so what card should I try for?

***-Gardening-***
10/10/13-4/10/13

Message 25 of 31
Agent_Zero
New Contributor

Update

I have good news. Smiley Happy

So I gave up on the freedom card. I guess it just wasn't for me. But oh well.

After an hour of reading forums, I gave trying to get a new card one more shot.

So I took the barclay's pre-approval it showed me three cards. So I pulled the trigger. Instant approval for the rewards card with a 1,300 dollar limit. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I know it is not much but they are giving me a chance unlike some people I will not name. Lol

So now off to the garden I go. Can't wait to plant my seeds and watch them grow. Smiley Happy

***-Gardening-***
10/10/13-4/10/13

Message 26 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jetlife_reeves wrote:

Update

I have good news. Smiley Happy

So I gave up on the freedom card. I guess it just wasn't for me. But oh well.

After an hour of reading forums, I gave trying to get a new card one more shot.

So I took the barclay's pre-approval it showed me three cards. So I pulled the trigger. Instant approval for the rewards card with a 1,300 dollar limit. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I know it is not much but they are giving me a chance unlike some people I will not name. Lol

So now off to the garden I go. Can't wait to plant my seeds and watch them grow. Smiley Happy

Congarts see you in the garden

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 27 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Wow I really thought you would get that Freedom, sorry. Im glad Barclays is giving you a shot, theyre typically good with auto-CLI with usage and no new accounts for awhile, congrats!
Message 28 of 31
Agent_Zero
New Contributor

Thanks everyone.

Chase and I are not friends anymoreSmiley Mad

Auto Cli are always a good thing to hear. Smiley Happy I'm giving cap 1 one more month for a auto cli before I sock drawer them. 

***-Gardening-***
10/10/13-4/10/13

Message 29 of 31
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Not that I'm trying to coax you out of the garden but have you thought about getting a cli for your discover? I only ask since you mentioned keeping your UTL low on your discover was one of the reasons you wanted to get freedom.

Congrats on the new card!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.