cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try to get a $.40 surplus back, caused by BTs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I try to get a $.40 surplus back, caused by BTs?

Through balance transfers, I somehow ended up with a $.40 surplus on my Discover account. I thought about buying something small and paying it to get back to zero...my intent is just to let my Discover account rot with a 24.99% APR and use my 7.9% Chase Freedom Card instead...so...

is there any reason not to just let that $.40 sit? Any way that that will hurt me?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should I try to get a $.40 surplus back, caused by BTs?

Since it's under a dollar, you're probably OK, but you never know. I'd call and ask.

I'm curious, why wouldn't you use the card and just PIF if? If nothing else, use it for whatever the rewards category is at the time. I understand about the APR, because DH BT'd away his balance to a 0% card, but I would think that you could use it to get some rewards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
maestro
Valued Member

You can always get 40 cents worth of gas that will take you 10 feet. 

I would just get it to zero to be sure.
Message 3 of 4
shawnette
Regular Contributor

If it's a $0.40 credit, it won't hurt you.  They only charge interest on balances, not credits.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.