cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I wait to apply for NFCU Rewards CC...

tag
shaddtiger

Should I wait to apply for NFCU Rewards CC...

Hello all,

I've been a lurker for quite some time now and just decided to join and post.  Here's my situation:

BK 7 discharged 10/2010

CC's:  Cap One (non-secured) $1500, Cap One (secured) $458, PrimeWay FCU Visa ($1000)

Auto Loan with PrimeWay FCU 2.99% 60 mo $15K.(started off with Honda Finance 1 yr after BK at 18%) refied with PWFCU 2 months ago

Conn's store card, approved for $4500 in 9/2012 only used $2800 with 0% interest, balance will be paid off in August

DTI about 9%

Scores:

617 (EQ Fako)

630 (CK Fako)

643 (CS Fako)

32% utilization currently reporting but just paid off last remaining balance so utilization should drop to 2% in the next few days with an increase in scores

Opened NFCU account last week...anyone with NFCU BK 7 approval?  I want to apply for $5K NFCU rewards card.  Should I wait a bit or apply now?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
iMarcus
Contributor

Re: Should I wait to apply for NFCU Rewards CC...

thats what im debating to i applied two weeks ago and they pulled tu but was denied my credit score was a 495 then but now its a 615..

Message 2 of 11
shaddtiger

Did they give a reason for the denial? 

Message 3 of 11
iMarcus
Contributor

• Serious delinquency and public record or collection filed
  • Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown
  • Proportion of balances to credit limits too high on revolving accts
  • Delinquency
  • Number of inquiries on credit bureau report.
Message 4 of 11
shaddtiger

Did you have BK?  If so, was it discharged and how long ago?

Have you had any lates/collections since BK?

My BK7 is almost 3 years old.  No lates since BK, but I do have 1 collection which was included in my BK (a medical bill for $100K) showing on Equifax.  There are 3 collections still showing on my Transunion (all were included in BK, but they refuse to delete.  They are all noted that they were included in BK though).  No collections on Experian. 

This is one the main reasons I'm scared to apply.  They may deny based on collections even though technically the collections can't be collected.

Message 5 of 11
shaddtiger

Oops...I just realized I made a typo.  The collection account that's reporting to Equifax is only for $100, not $100K.

Message 6 of 11
iMarcus
Contributor

no bk

Message 7 of 11
shaddtiger

Well, at least that's one less thing you have to worry about.  Congrats on your score jump! 

I'll be so glad when this BK drops from my credit report, I have 7 more years to go.  Ugh!! 

I'm hoping to hear from people who have been approved with Navy FCU for a credit card with BK 7. 

Message 8 of 11
iMarcus
Contributor

thanks ive heard about people being approved with recent bk so you should be fine..

Message 9 of 11
shaddtiger

I think I'm gonna apply after my recent balance pay off hits...should be by end of the week.  I'll update with results.  Good luck to you!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.