Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should have left well enough alone!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Should have left well enough alone!

I was feeling pretty good about myself.  Just left Nordstrom with a new approval - so against my better judgment I decided to app for an Amex Green.  The cold hard slap of the denial is still burning my eyes. Woman Sad

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should have left well enough alone!

Happens, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it though; however, looking at your signature, it would probably help you to obtain at least one national bank card of some type from an underwriting perspective.  I'd wait to find out what the Amex denial reasons were, that may shed some light on what they and potentially others are looking for when it comes to evaluating your credit report.

        
Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I was feeling pretty good about myself.  Just left Nordstrom with a new approval - so against my better judgment I decided to app for an Amex Green.  The cold hard slap of the denial is still burning my eyes. Woman Sad

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Garden your new account and try them again in 6 months!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval and sorry to hear about amex

Message 4 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear. But after some time gardening and taking care of your current accounts you should have a much better shot!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Revelate wrote:

Happens, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it though; however, looking at your signature, it would probably help you to obtain at least one national bank card of some type from an underwriting perspective.  I'd wait to find out what the Amex denial reasons were, that may shed some light on what they and potentially others are looking for when it comes to evaluating your credit report.

I agree.  Before I found this board I foolishly wasted HP's on Chase, Barclay and Discover a few months ago. I thought having a paid mortgage, installment and car loans was enough - wrong. Hence, the revolvers with GE.  I have a feeling the reasons might be inq's and the fact all my revolving credit is 3 mos old or newer (but my AAOA is 8yrs.)   I knew the auto loan with Chase in April was not sufficient- but still I hit submit.Smiley Sad

I did join Alliant CU yesterday- hopefully by the time my CL garden some I will be ready to hit submit again! 

Message 6 of 13
LesWH
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Lmao!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 7 of 13
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I agree.  Before I found this board I foolishly wasted HP's on Chase, Barclay and Discover a few months ago. I thought having a paid mortgage, installment and car loans was enough - wrong. Hence, the revolvers with GE.  I have a feeling the reasons might be inq's and the fact all my revolving credit is 3 mos old or newer (but my AAOA is 8yrs.)   I knew the auto loan with Chase in April was not sufficient- but still I hit submit.Smiley Sad

I did join Alliant CU yesterday- hopefully by the time my CL garden some I will be ready to hit submit again! 

Sometimes it helps having freezes on your files so you can still fulfill your app itch, just that you know you'll be denied as they won't be able to pull your credit...

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
JonStur
Established Contributor

Did you try calling the back door number. It can't hurt speaking to someone...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 13
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I agree. Why not give Amex a call and recon? Chances arent great but cant hurt. Just make sure they don't do another hard pull,

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.