Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i Close discover it??

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Should i Close discover it??

I cant believe we have to explain to a member that Discover is a keeper...........................

There are members getting declined left and right for this card and would trade all their subprimes for it!!!!!! Smiley Indifferent

ken_chenault222.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

+1

It costs you nothing to keep it open. The plus is simple, low CL or not its still an open CL and since you won't use it- it can only help your util.

Message 12 of 23
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I cant believe we have to explain to a member that Discover is a keeper...........................

There are members getting declined left and right for this card and would trade all their subprimes for it!!!!!! Smiley Indifferent

[img]

It amazes me how much Discover's CEO looks like the exact guy I would imagine being CEO of Discover.

Message 13 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Think about it. Both freedom and IT have 5% gas quarters that dont overlap (afaik)

That gives you 6 months of 5% back on gas as opposed to 3.even if you just use it for that its a keeper.
Message 14 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@PokemonMaster wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

[img]

It amazes me how much Discover's CEO looks like the exact guy I would imagine being CEO of Discover.

DudE looks like he plays on the New York Rangers LMAO!!!

Only with a full set of teeth!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 23
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Definitely keep it to maximize your rewards.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 17 of 23
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

You most definitely should keep your Discover card open. I'm surprised that you're actually considering closing it. Discover's online shopping portal, ShopDiscover, alone makes it worth it to have a Discover card.

Message 18 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What is limit of the Discover compared to these other cards and why does 3, 4 or 5 mean you can't have or keep the Discover?

Message 19 of 23
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Actually you can use your DISCOVER IT card to get cash back amongst its retailers.

Apple offers 5% cash back.

I have 0% apr on balance transfer for 12 months on the recently pc'ed IT card. So I'll can tranfer the balance to my discover and pay it in my spare time.

(Remember the 5-20% cash back subject to the cap at the retailers Smiley Wink )

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.