cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i pay down a little on all cards,with a balance or pay off one completely?

tag
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

Re: Should i pay down a little on all cards,with a balance or pay off one completely?

for five months..... all cards on my profile were acquired during an app spree. prior to this i used very little credit, besides my mortgage and cars.

Message 11 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should i pay down a little on all cards,with a balance or pay off one completely?

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

for five months..... all cards on my profile were acquired during an app spree. prior to this i used very little credit, besides my mortgage and cars.

well well well.. it's time to make some calls!!!

Amazon you should call credit solutions and ask for a $3k limit.

total reards will take at least 6 months probably, but go ahead and request online... it should be sp and they will tell you (I always feel it gets them watching your account knowing you want more!

Same with Angels (good old comenity... they can be a little slow at first but then they get going!)

credit one is 6 months or 12 months? they are pretty straight forward with telling you...

matrix i have no idea... but i know i don't like you having it! Smiley Tongue

kay is 12 months

goodys... who is that?

fingerhut... leave it!

Message 12 of 18
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

see, i went 60 days late twice during my last car loan that still reflects on my credit...they added insurance to my car loan midway through cause i switched insurance companies and forgot to add the lienholder with the new insurance company, which made it instantly jump from 20 days to 50 days cause it cost more than a car payment for the insurance, and neither the insurance company nor the credit union wwanted to "hear" it.  needless to say i am member of niether now! Gaurdian credit union is terrible with their customer service. A little back story to my bad cards..lol

AUBURN

Message 13 of 18
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

total reards will take at least 6 months probably, but go ahead and request online... it should be sp and they will tell you (I always feel it gets them watching your account knowing you want more!

Same with Angels (good old comenity... they can be a little slow at first but then they get going!)

credit one is 6 months or 12 months? they are pretty straight forward with telling you...

kay is 12 months

goodys... who is that?

fingerhut... leave it!

thanks a lot!  who is credit solutions?  Goody's is a local clothing retailer....i think it's called pebble's some other regions around the US. Yeah fingerhut is one of my oldest accts....they gave me credit when no one else would, back when i was 21, im now 30. it has a zero balance.

Message 14 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

kay is 12 months

goodys... who is that?

fingerhut... leave it!

thanks a lot!  who is credit solutions?  Goody's is a local clothing retailer....i think it's called pebble's some other regions around the US. Yeah fingerhut is one of my oldest accts....they gave me credit when no one else would, back when i was 21, im now 30. it has a zero balance.

credit solutions is underwriting department for GE cards.... call 877-294-7548

does Goody's report to your credit reports? tell little old local store Goody's to UP your line! Smiley Tongue We are trying to support the local economy!

Message 15 of 18
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

Smiley LOL  they do report...i think it is issued by the same company that issues victorias secret.

I will call credit solutions in the morning....ill ask for triple my limit and see what they say!

Thanks again creditaddict

AUBURN

ps goodnight Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@trying_to_B_good wrote:

Which would be better for my credit score? i owe approx. $250 on two cards(credit one & Matrix) & $150 on total rewards visa. I am getting a $500 bonus check for car sales this month. Should i a liitle on all my cards($100 or so) or pay off one and make minimum payments...yes i know i shouldn't carry a balance but i had some unexpected expenses come up last month. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Thanks for the input,

AUBURN

I'd pay the 2 $250 cards down to $0. That way, you will only have one card reporting a balance instead of three. Good luck.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 17 of 18
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Pay off your Amazon, You should see an automatic CLI! Smiley Happy I had $1500 limit, With $1,000 debt and I paid it off fairly quick, Then they raised my credit to $2,600.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.