Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should you apply for weekend increase?

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Should you apply for weekend increase?

Hi everyone,

Should you apply for a credit limit increase on the weekend? On a Sunday?

I was thinking of applying for a telephone automated system increase on one of my GE cards.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Should you apply for increase?

It makes no difference the time/day/date.

The only factor that DOES matter, is your file.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

ok, thanks I didn't know that.

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 3 of 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

ok, thanks I didn't know that.

Given that it's a GEMBC card, that usually means a SP, so I say go for it right now, so long as your file has only improved since opening the card.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 7
thatoneguy28
Valued Member

Re: Should you apply for weekend increase?

i dont think applying on a certain day will increase your chances to be honest with u.i have quite a few GE cards (love GE lol)and i normally request every 4th statement.works for me!

Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Makes no difference from whether you'll get the CLI or not.

Does make a difference if they have to actually review the file for whatever reason; banker hours. they ain't going to be there on Sunday to look at your file so you may be waiting an extra day or two longer than strictly necessary.

        
Message 6 of 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Does make a difference if they have to actually review the file for whatever reason; banker hours. they ain't going to be there on Sunday to look at your file so you may be waiting an extra day or two longer than strictly necessary.

@Revelate wrote:

Guess it kind of matters i you want to a little above the counter offer. I definitely needed to speak with the rep.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.