Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Stopping Credit Cards

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Show Stopping Credit Cards

It does seem much quieter than times before and even flavors of the month aren't quite as common lately for whatever reason.

The usual big players will always spring on us their next new Prime Card as they become available according to the timetable they set out to draw in folks for those.

What is exciting though is when those mostly obscure BANKS dip their toes in the new credit card customer pool and realize soon enough that the waters are chalked full of hungry takers that quickly enough overwhelm the best of them and cause a rapid recoil before their systems break Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last one was FAB&T Holy CRAP!!! That was not only a train wreck, that was a train wreck that was on fire while blazing through your nearest major city!!! I think a majority on here were gushing about what crazy limits they were getting and then like 4 days later, accounts were being closed and emails were being fired off! It was a holiday weekend, I think and someone came on here with some obscure little bank in Arkansas...

I just sat back and watched the show... It was horrible!! People came out of the Garden for that noise and later had nothing to show for it except a bunch of Inq's that wouldn't be taken off for nothing!!

Message 12 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The last one was FAB&T Holy CRAP!!! That was not only a train wreck, that was a train wreck that was on fire while blazing through your nearest major city!!! I think a majority on here were gushing about what crazy limits they were getting and then like 4 days later, accounts were being closed and emails were being fired off! It was a holiday weekend, I think and someone came on here with some obscure little bank in Arkansas...

I just sat back and watched the show... It was horrible!! People came out of the Garden for that noise and later had nothing to show for it except a bunch of Inq's that wouldn't be taken off for nothing!!

And to think i almost bit on that one myself but followed my gut feeling against trying.

It was a show stopper alright of the kind that we don't like to see or be any part of if possible.

That one being one of the few exceptions most of the others have been pretty decent acquisitions with good limits and even some nice reasonable APR's too.

Its safe enough to say that lately MyFico is in a drought where concerns these one-off types of card offer lenders for the time being.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.