Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shud I try CSP again next week??

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Shud I try CSP again next week??

So i was deny the CSP 3 months ago due to not having a CL of 5k+, that was the only reason... So this week my citi forward reported to my cr my new 5.3k cl, and by next week my amex shud report my 6k cl, and hopfully my citi TYP will report the 6.5k cl as well..

some quick info: CS are all abov 720+ fico

no baddies, lates, clean report.

Oldest Account 3years boa

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shud I try CSP again next week??

@JaeJae12 wrote:

So i was deny the CSP 3 months ago due to not having a CL of 5k+, that was the only reason... So this week my citi forward reported to my cr my new 5.3k cl, and by next week my amex shud report my 6k cl, and hopfully my citi TYP will report the 6.5k cl as well..

some quick info: CS are all abov 720+ fico

no baddies, lates, clean report.

Oldest Account 3years boa

YES

Message 2 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Are you in a hurry?
If you are not, I would recommend you giving it another 3 months wait. Your odds will not only be better, but your CL will probably be higher too. Seeing that CLIs with chase are HP, I would say its worth the wait.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 13
bribro
Valued Contributor

I would wait until at least 6 months after your rejection.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 13
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

In another 3 months my current CL's will still be the same. By next week my CL of 5k+ will all be reported to the CR's.

Garden mode

Message 5 of 13
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

When i was deny, they only SP me.. and the CSR on the recon line told me I should apply again after getting better CL's lol

Garden mode

Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
Are you in a hurry?
If you are not, I would recommend you giving it another 3 months wait. Your odds will not only be better, but your CL will probably be higher too. Seeing that CLIs with chase are HP, I would say its worth the wait.

+1

I would concur with enharu & bribro.

Message 7 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Jae, your current CLs do not matter as much as you think. While your CLs will still be the same in 3 months, your freedom account however will be 6 months then. Right now your history with chase isn't as established yet and they just gave you some credit 3 months ago for your freedom. If you are trying to squeeze more out of them now, chances are you will hit the threshold pretty easily and not be able to squeeze much. There's a chance they will ask you to move CLs around to get approved.

More importantly, are u in a rush to get the card? If you are not making any major purchases or going on a holiday soon, why not just wait? It's going to be a lot more beneficial if you look at the big picture. Lets say u get approved now for a 6k CL. It's going to cost you another HP to get it increased again at the end of the year. So why not just wait and do it altogether at the cost of 1 HP rather than to shortchange yourself right now. Besides, the sign-up bonuses tend to be a little better as holiday season approaches.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 13
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I see what your saying! , I guess I can wait till Oct to reapply... I just wanted the card because I will be leaving the country around sept-early oct to south kr for like 2 months then to Beijing for like another 2 weeks...( Family business Runs lol)... Right now the ticket are very pricey because it is the summer ( 4-5k for round trip...) I just wanted the CSP to book my trip early since in sept the ticket prices will drop to 1-2k for round trip...

Garden mode

Message 9 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Usually prices for international flights during off peak season doesn't change much even if you book them at the last minute, but there's always a risk it might go up.

If you plan to make those purchases right away I would say you can try applying then. Do you have any other travel cards as well?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.