Did you mean: 

Sigh, Macy's Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sigh, Macy's Amex

@stan_the_man wrote:

Verdict:

Apparently, they screwed up and have no clue why. They are now sending me another Visa card that expires in a few more months.

But, I know it's not going to get to me before the current card expires.

I don't understand.

They are sending you a new Visa card with validity only for a few more months instead of the new AmEx card?  Why?

Message 11 of 23
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@O6 --

Clearly they didn't plan too well for this. Apparently, they put me in a track that converts my card in October/November but my current card expires on 9/30.

All I know is that they had no clue what went wrong, and their that only solution was to send me another Visa card until they send out the Amex.

Meanwhile, their card issuance is so slow that I know I won't receive it before my current card expires. I'm so happy that they are my #2 non-Amex go to card -- #4 overall. 

The sad part is this is the fifth time I called them about the conversion.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

@Anonymous --

Clearly they didn't plan too well for this. Apparently, they put me in a track that converts my card in October/November but my current card expires on 9/30.

All I know is that they had no clue what went wrong, and their that only solution was to send me another Visa card until they send out the Amex.

Meanwhile, their card issuance is so slow that I know I won't receive it before my current card expires. I'm so happy that they are my #2 non-Amex go to card -- #4 overall. 

Someone on the forum -- perhaps HTSU -- stated that Dept. Stores National Bank is really just one tiny desk shoved far into the corner of an unused Citibank office.  Perhaps this explains Macy's issues?

Sooner or later you'll get the new Macy's AmEx, but it's just too bad you have to go through this bump in the road first.

My Visa was supposed to expire the end of this month and I received the new AmEx a few weeks ago.  Maybe it's because I called them a couple of times to remind them.

Message 13 of 23
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Too funny on the tiny desk shoved into a corner.

I'm picturing that guy sitting nearby the Melvin -- "have you seen my stapler" -- and Nina -- woman who shrieks "Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking. Just a moment" over and over again -- from Office Space.

Message 14 of 23
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I haven't received my new card but not too worried as my card expires next year.  But one of my friends works at a Macy's store in SF and said that a lot of customers are complaining about the conversion.  I can only imagine that small group of folks working the phones at Macy's CC customer service must be hating life right now. Smiley Very Happy

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing is, this shouldn't be happening.  Macy's has known they were switching to AmEx well over a year ago and has ample time to design a changeover plan that would have avoided these issues.  Not only does this create inconvenience to Macy's customers, but this also costs Macy's money.

Still, it could be worse ... much worse.  At least Macy's hasn't done like JC Penney and outsourced their entire credit operations to those shysters at GE Money Bank.

Message 16 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@stan_the_man wrote:

@Anonymous --

Someone on the forum -- perhaps HTSU -- stated that Dept. Stores National Bank is really just one tiny desk shoved far into the corner of an unused Citibank office.  Perhaps this explains Macy's issues?

Sooner or later you'll get the new Macy's AmEx, but it's just too bad you have to go through this bump in the road first.

My Visa was supposed to expire the end of this month and I received the new AmEx a few weeks ago.  Maybe it's because I called them a couple of times to remind them.

lol, I wish that were my line --it's a good one!

My upgraded BofA took forever to arrive. When I clicked to accept (upgrade to World card), the message said that all I'd have to do is use it by August 31. That was something like 6 weeks after I said "Sure."

After a while, I started making calls. Each time I was told that it had been mailed, and that it would turn up any time.

Finally, somewhere around the 26th or so, I called again and said, Hey, now. They "checked", and wow! it had never been mailed. So this time they sent it out for real, and I got it two days later.

I have to say that it's pretty stupid of Macy's not to just give you the freakin' AmEx now, with the proper expiration date. With this bizarre action, they're paying for two cards. There go the prices on the damask stripe sheets, just to pay for the extra card...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 23
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Hope this isn't too far off topic but I haven't seen it answered before.

Since the Macy's Amex card is a new account number, I am assuming that it will show as a new account on your CR.

How will this affect your AAoA?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 23
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Itsmeagain --

I want to know too whether Macy's lists a new tradeline. Anyone who has been converted, has Macy's listed a new trade line for the Amex?

Message 19 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It should be all the same info as the old tradeline so it won't effect you at all

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.