Did you mean: 

Sign-Up Offers: Alliant vs. NFCU vs. PenFed

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Sign-Up Offers: Alliant vs. NFCU vs. PenFed

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

The preapproved offers are truly preapproved. Both the SO and I have recently received offers that we accepted. They were processed without delay or inquiry.

Res ipsa loquitur.

The thing speaks for itself, but it doesn't mean that your SO's (and my) experiences apply universally. No one is debating your SO's experiences, but that doesn't mean that they can be applied to everyone else.

This is one of the great benefits of the forums --here we can find out what usually happens, and also what sometimes varies. What gets fun is trying to figure out why there are variances!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

The preapproved offers are truly preapproved. Both the SO and I have recently received offers that we accepted. They were processed without delay or inquiry.

Res ipsa loquitur.

The thing speaks for itself, but it doesn't mean that your SO's (and my) experiences apply universally. No one is debating your SO's experiences, but that doesn't mean that they can be applied to everyone else.

This is one of the great benefits of the forums --here we can find out what usually happens, and also what sometimes varies. What gets fun is trying to figure out why there are variances!

I never once stated or implied that. Not even close. The question was, "Is it possible to receive pre-app offers from PenFed at time of membership?" It is. Now if the question was, "Is it likely?" I would quite readily state, "NO!" even though I am aware of others who have gotten immediate pre-approved offers at membership time. Lucky them and poor us. We weren't so lucky.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Basically, to sum up all the PenFed posts I've read (and written), most folks don't have offers at the time of application, but they might be there a few days later. And when they do have pre-approvals, they are almost always legit, without hard pulls, except for an unlucky few.

ALLIANT:  May offer preapprovals with membership, if CR/FICO qualified.

PenFed:  May offer preapprovals, but is not often and not guaranteed.

NFCU:  has no reported incidence of preapproval offers at time of application. 

I think this thread should be locked, with a reiteration of HTSU's "sum it up" that appears to encompass all of the inputs and info provided (arguments excluded).  The OP subject has been addressed adequately, IMO.

Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 24
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

+1
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.