cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign up bonus for applying for Amex Hilton Surpass if you already have Amex Hilton honors

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sign up bonus for applying for Amex Hilton Surpass if you already have Amex Hilton honors

Well, I applied for the Surpass and was approved, but the situation is a bit odd. 

I applied and never received any notice that I wouldn't be eligible for the SUB so that's good, I hope. Never received an email about the approval though. I did receive an email for adding a card for my wife but nothing on the actual approval.

There was no info on a starting limit with the initial approval. But when I added the account to my app it showed up with a limit of 10k. Now the interesting part, at the same time my limit on my Hilton Honors card was reduced from 20k to 10.5k. So I guess they don't want to risk more than $20k with me. 

The other odd thing is that I looked at the page to transfer limits between cards and on that page my limit on the Honors is listed at the new lower $10.5k amount while the Surpass is listed at $15k rather than the $10k that shows on my app.

So we'll see what happens when the card actually arrives.

Message 11 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sign up bonus for applying for Amex Hilton Surpass if you already have Amex Hilton honors

Congrats on the approval OP.  Sounds like they reallocated some limits around, but an approval nonetheless.  Enjoy the new card!

Locking this thread as you have been approved.  Feel free to start a new thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.