cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tag
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

I keep getting conflicting info on this.

If I received a signup bonus on a Gold card, can I still get one on a green card?

The annual fee just popped on my Gold. It just isn't worth paying right now. But there are some nice sign up bonuses on the green card right now. Are charge cards considered the same family? Or are bonuses still in play? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Sign up bonus on amex charge cards

You can get the SUB on each charge card with AMEX since they are considered different products. Some of the confusion probably stems from the fact that all fall under the MR ecosytem. So in your case you're still eligible for the Green and Platinum signup bonuses

Message 2 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

You can get the SUB on each charge card with AMEX since they are considered different products. Some of the confusion probably stems from the fact that all fall under the MR ecosytem. So in your case you're still eligible for the Green and Platinum signup bonuses

But some people get the pop-up saying that they're not eligible for the SUB (presumably because they have a history of seeking SUBs with Amex and not spending much after that.)

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 5
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

Bingo!

based on your history with credit card balance transfers, American Express welcome offers, introductory APR offers, or the number of Cards you have opened and closed, you are not eligible to receive the welcome offer.

Except I did average 10k on my Gold card both years I had it. Oh well, guess my Everyday will be my only Amex from here on out.

Message 4 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@PDXoriginal wrote:

Bingo!

based on your history with credit card balance transfers, American Express welcome offers, introductory APR offers, or the number of Cards you have opened and closed, you are not eligible to receive the welcome offer.

Except I did average 10k on my Gold card both years I had it. Oh well, guess my Everyday will be my only Amex from here on out.

How much do you spend on the ED? Do you have, or have you had, any Amex products besides Gold and EveryDay?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.