Did you mean: 

Signature Cards now report CL's??

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Signature Cards now report CL's??

@Anonymous wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:
I thought they reported highest balance if not reporting CL. Is that right?

Your "High Balance" will act as your CL, but IIRC, I have read that only 2 of the CRA's use the "High Balance" as your CL, and I think it's EQ and TU, I believe that EX will not factor in the High Balance as your CL.

I may be wrong, but I think that's correct.

My EX charge card balance is not facotred in my EX util. I have checked this every month. I use my charge cards a lot but at one point even if my platinum was reporting a balance of $3500, my EX util was 0 (I wasnt using any other cards)

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@PetRaccoon wrote:
I thought they reported highest balance if not reporting CL. Is that right?

Your "High Balance" will act as your CL, but IIRC, I have read that only 2 of the CRA's use the "High Balance" as your CL, and I think it's EQ and TU, I believe that EX will not factor in the High Balance as your CL.

I may be wrong, but I think that's correct.

My EX charge card balance is not facotred in my EX util. I have checked this every month. I use my charge cards a lot but at one point even if my platinum was reporting a balance of $3500, my EX util was 0 (I wasnt using any other cards)

Yeah, that's what I thought I remember reading was that EQ and TU would use the "High Balance" as the CL helping with revolving util, but not EX.

I guess my memory does still existSmiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 18
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

I have a Thankyou Premier signiture with a 8300 credit limit....

curious does it hurt you or help you for them not to report a CL?

Message 13 of 18
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@timmis1127 wrote:

I have a Thankyou Premier signiture with a 8300 credit limit....

curious does it hurt you or help you for them not to report a CL?

It depends. It helped me for now because my total CL increased by quite a bit, so it lowered utilization.  But for ArisGreek, it had the opposite effect since based on his post, I'm guessing the 6.5k charge compared to his total CL brought his utilization up.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 18
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

yup Smiley Sad

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chase SW Airlines siggy card reports my limit to all 3 bureaus. EX reports it as a "Flexible Spending Credit Card", EQ reports as "Revolving or Option", and TU reports as "Revolving account".

Message 16 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I just looked my credit report I pulled yesterday from My FICO and mine is reporting the same way! Account type is revolving.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 17 of 18
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Not just Chase.  It seems to be a growing trend.  There were some threads about the subject last Feb or March when I was thinking of getting a USAA WMC.  Some posters mentioned that card specifically as reporting the CL, and the CS rep confirmed it when I called to apply.  Turned out just as everyone had said.  All three CRBs classify this account as Revolving on my reports.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.