$20000
chase
10/2007
$8900
Message 11 of 29
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Signature Federal Credit Union Visa

They were closed today due to inclement weather, so I guess I'll have to wait till Monday! 🙄
Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 12 of 29
AlpedHuez
Contributor

@heyryan wrote:

I decided to take advice from DoC and "be the DP [you] want to see" Smiley Wink I pulled the trigger last night. I unlocked EQ, but I don't see a HP alert yet - I'll be curious if they do one. When I got the LoC, I never did get a HP from them. It said a loan officer would contact me today, so fingers crossed! I'll update when I hear back from them...

Hope you get an approval, it looks like a pretty good card.

Message 13 of 29
minski
Established Contributor

No. I never got a response. Still says pending. I reapplied I think a month ago and that is still pending. I don't recall getting any email saying anything about a response. I had left a message regarding the app asking for an update via the loan message system for the first app a few months ago without a seeming reply there too. I am not terribly impressed with their clunky online system, I have to say.
Message 14 of 29
MidnightKnight
New Contributor

If they don’t respond to applications I hate to think what would happen when you have problems with fraud with the card.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightKnight wrote:
If they don’t respond to applications I hate to think what would happen when you have problems with fraud with the card.

Yeah I would be giving this one a hard pass... Customer service is very important for financial products. I’ll keep my Sync PayPal. 

Message 16 of 29
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I may be very interested in apping for this card, although looking at the data points about marginal or non-existent customer service, it does give one reason to pause?  I may potentially be OK with my existing lineup though, since I already have at least 2 cards with lower fixed interest rates that also have excellent rewards programs and benefits, albeit of course without the 2% rewards benefit -- and granted, the 2% is an especially excellent and outstanding feature for the 8.70% F APR available from this CU.  Would be interesting to see if/when any fellow forum members hopefully get approved for this CU's card? Smiley Happy  Maybe then I can reassess whether to app...

ETA:  forum members interested in this card but wary about the spotty customer service that was mentioned in this thread may also be interested in this card as a possible alternative:  currently as low as 8.45% F with 1.5% rewards, no min. redemption amounts and most if not all of the benefits offered by the SFCU card, with no geo restrictions either (iirc, you need a 730 or higher EX FICO8 score to qualify for the lowest available interest rate):

https://www.premieramerica.com/loans/credit-cards

Message 17 of 29
digitek
Established Contributor

Just wanted to join the discussion about spotty customer service on this CC/CU.  I recently went through something similar with SDFCU, this card is very similar to it actually.  I had to call a few times to get the application smoothed out, it got mixed up in their system and I was approved for the CC before I was approved for the CU and that caused some issues.

Just like you my application went pending for awhile and it took a few days and calls to get it all sorted and the whole time I was thinking "maybe this isn't such a good idea..."  In the end, though, I'm glad I got the card and use it all the time now.  The customer service at the CU is a little different, less formal, more personal, not quite as rigorous processes, they can joke with you on the phone and are generally very nice people who genuinely want to help you.  I got my first fraud call yesterday and it made me figure out that the 24/7 Customer Service for the SDFCU CC is actually outsourced to a US national company called the Co-Op network.  It also makes it so that a whole bunch of CU branchs are tied together and act like one huge national branch.  It was a US based Customer service rep who I talked to about some seriously sketchy payments made recently.  They put a hold on my card and I had to call and verify.  Was nice to know they were looking out for me, even as this small CU credit card, and the call was really nice and straightforward and everything went lovely, card got unlocked immediately.  I was really happy with the experience.

Only issue I have with CU credit cards is they don't always allow settting up auto-pay with an external account.  The SDFCU card is like that and so is my Vantage West CU.  You have to transfer first into their checking/savings and then make a payment from that account.  It doesn't bother me too much, I like to manually pay everything and stay on top of my credit, but I would prefer to have an minimum auto-payment setup to my main checking account...

Goodluck!

Message 18 of 29
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Quick update on the app:
TL;DR version: Still waiting after a more thorough financial review than my mortgage Smiley Frustrated

Longer version:
After I app'd last week, SFCU was shut down Friday for inclement weather in the area. So I left a VM when I called since I hadn't even gotten an acknowledgement or seen a HP. Nothing Monday... So I called again Tuesday. I actually spoke to the same LO that I worked with on the LOC a year or so ago. She proceeded to go through a lot of questions about things on my credit report: mortgage, other cards, the 0% financing account I did for my furnace/AC, INQs for a couple of business cards, etc. Next: what do you want for a credit limit (15K) - then we got to the "why do you need/want another card" portion of the interview. (You already have a LOC with us, why do you want a card, too? I said to switch my daily spend card) After that, she asked if I was planning on closing any cards - I said yes, which is true since I'm most likely closing out my Citi Premier card. It was about a 15-20 min conversation Smiley Surprised So after all that, she asked if I'd be interested in refinancing my car with them - which I politely declined since they couldn't match/beat my current rate. We closed out with her telling me she needed to submit it to a "senior loan officer" and I needed to submit POI. I had uploaded paystubs when I did the app, but I did it again. Didn't get an acknowledgement she'd received them, so I found her email address from the LOC app and asked if she had gotten them. She actually did reply and said she got them, and "we should hear back within 24-48 hours at the latest. Once I have an update for you I will contact you back." (Don't call us, we'll call you!) That was 45 hours ago LOL...it still says "pending" on the loan app site.

I'm trying to remember that they're a very small credit union, so they do things a little differently - and not to get frustrated by that fact. This is the same place that had the membership manager call me because I sent some test bill pays and it "looked suspicious" LOL.

Positive DP:
Much like when I app'd for the LOC, it looks like no HP! They use EQ, and I have no new INQ.

Here are possibilities of what I expect to happen in order of likelihood:

1) Denial (this is what I'm really expecting)

2) Counter for an amount that would make the card useless

3) Approval for what I asked for CL-wise, with conditions I close other accounts

4) Approval w/o conditions

If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'll follow up with them again before the weekend!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a pain! Hopefully they approve you and make it worth the hassle, thanks for keeping us updated! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.