Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature Federal Credit Union Visa

tag
minski
Established Contributor

Re: Signature Federal Credit Union Visa

Thanks for the update! I wanted to get the card, too, to give to authorized users because of the low APR but not sure they would like my profile with 2 new cards in the past 6 months! Not to mention all my other cards.... and a high APR and/or low SL would defeat the purpose I have dor it too....
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently a member and have a Home equity loan and there platinum credit card (10k /8.9 apr) 

I applied for the visa signature and was declined because you need to be a member for a certian amount of time to qualify for this card don't remember if they told me 1 year or 2 years but i think it was 2 years (please correct me if i'm wrong).

they are very strict about qualifying for many of there products even the membership application was a hassle with these guys

proof of income will be required for any credit application and it is meticulously reviewed and adjusted according to their understanding of your income... 

online applications get very low priority...(you must call to folllow up or risk your application go pending to infinity...)

Message 22 of 29
AlpedHuez
Contributor

I was interested in joining this CU for their 2% card, but your intel makes it a hard pass. In my opinion their standards are way too conservative and it appears they are way more hassle than it's worth.

Message 23 of 29
minski
Established Contributor

@heyryan

Any updates on your application? Also, do you mind answering how many credit lines you had opened recently prior to the application, and how far back the representative went when reviewing your credit report?
Message 24 of 29
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@minski wrote:  @heyryan Any updates on your application? Also, do you mind answering how many credit lines you had opened recently prior to the application, and how far back the representative went when reviewing your credit report?

Based on the pace of "progress" previously reported, we're probably lucky if his app is showing "Pending FINAL approval" on the website after waiting for six months!!!  LOL  Smiley LOL

I have researched different credit cards I have read about or seen others mention, many from smaller regional banks or credit unions.  I have had some concerns.  All of this discussion just reinforces for me the importance of prompt, professional customer service in selecting financial institutions you are going to deal with regularly.  For all manner of customer service issues, not to mention fraud disputes, I need to know I won't be stressed and inconvenienced trying to work out potential problems.

Also, to get most of these cards, you have to open up and maintain deposit accounts.  Some institutions (per state laws) require activity on accounts to keep them open, so you may not be able to just deposit a minimal $5 and forget about it.  Not to mention the posting about sometimes not being able to link external payment accounts from other banks, etc.  Too much hassle!

Another big downside to secondary smaller banks and cu's is they have may not have the website interface or smart phone apps available to make your financial management easier.

I have NEVER in over 30 years of credit been given a lengthy "third degree" interrogation about why I want a card or what are my intentions.  For me, this would be a HUGE red flag.  That, as well as the unprofessional slow response to phone calls, emails, applications, etc.  Yes, I realize they are small, but still ... This sounds more like applying for a large mortgage than a credit card.

I have gotten to the point where when I am looking up these various cards, I not only research the fine print of the card but I also look for online reviews of the financial institution as a whole, in particular customer service complaints. 

I've also decided that I'm very leary about dealing with a small, local or regional bank or cu that is not local to my location. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied yesterday for a upgrade from my platinum card to the 2% cash back signature and got approved today... was told  you need 750 Equifax 

(update) i asked and got the max 25k credit line (had 11k) used the same hard pull from above no POI...

Only one credit card is allowed per member, NO more then 25k limit

on the good side....

you are allowed to go over your spending limit, up to a maximum of half your original spending limit

Intrest rate is on the low end at 8.7% its hard to beat especially when there is no cash advance fee and at the same apr as the purchase

Message 26 of 29
minski
Established Contributor

Based on your reply, meshilem, I decided to go ahead and apply. I am 4/12 with the last app May 2019. I sent an app via email to the loan officer who had contacted me lasy year? But I have not gotten a response yet even to say that an app has been received. This was 2 days ago.
Message 27 of 29
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Keep us posted bro
Message 28 of 29
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

I'm a member of Signature FCU (no surprise since I'm in everything) as I tried to go for their 100% LTV HELOC last year.

The weird questions in response to an application are true. They wanted to know what my Samsung store card was for. What could it be for since it can only be used on Samsung.com? 

NPSL on that visa signature is nice if you are looking to cut down on utlization. Stick your 2k monthly spend on that one and watch it disappear.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.