Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant Credit Card Payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Significant Credit Card Payment

I made an $8,000.00 payment to a credit card on 4/28/10.  I expected at the least an alert from my FICO Scorewatch about a balance reduction.  I also expected a bump in credit score as the payment resulted in reducing my percentage of debt on the card from above 50% of credit limit to below 25%.  What is the timeframe in which this type of credit card payment is postively realized?  30 days, 60 days, 90 days???  Since I made the payment almost 45 days ago, there has been no change to my report. Thank you for any insight

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Significant Credit Card Payment

I think it is checked  at least every couple of weeks.  I just paid off my card this month and the credit card had a statement. I  paid off  BoA $5,000 and I only got only lousy point up - from 672 to 673..... very frustrating...... but it had the balance updated when  I  clicked the more+ button next to the update it showed a 0 balance.  Maybe something else is offsetting your score that might be  the reason you aren't seeing anything.  Also, what are your settings at using  SW.  Use your existing score, like 672 and then put your settings to alert you at 673....

Hope that helps.

05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 2 of 3
Shane1
New Contributor

Re: Significant Credit Card Payment

Assuming the card reports monthly, you should have noticed the difference by now.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.