cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simon Mall Properties American Express Card (New)

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Simon Mall Properties American Express Card (New)

Was in a Simon property last night and saw this heavily advertised throughout the mall. It's issued by a company called Cardless. Might not be too appealing unless you're a frequent Simon mall shopper. You can read about it here: Simon® American Express® Credit Card Credit Card | A new credit card experience built for Simon cust...

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Simon Mall Properties American Express Card (New)

5% back at retailers so popular they (mostly) filed for bankruptcy...only to be bought by their mall landlords in an effort to limit vacancies.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Can purchases be made online and get 5% back as a few of the 5% retailers aka lucky etc I spend alot of money with, only if 7 for all man was included then might be a bit more interesting

Message 3 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I like "Not all retailers may accept American Express cards"

Message 4 of 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I have heard about this card maybe 3 months ago or so.  It was intriguing at first.  But the substance is not strong.  I do not recall exactly.  But it seems it requires more micro-management.

I have no problem with AmEx cards.  But I do not think I'd like narrow or niche card like this one.  

Message 5 of 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Can purchases be made online and get 5% back as a few of the 5% retailers aka lucky etc I spend alot of money with, only if 7 for all man was included then might be a bit more interesting

Online purchases with Lucky earn 5%, (up to $10k of combined 3%/5% spend per year). ABG (which is financially entwined with Simon and partially or fully owns these retailers) owns Lucky, so they're not going to frown on an online Lucky purchase.

"Participating Retailers for 5% Back: For the most current list of participating retailers where you can earn 5% back both in-person at Simon properties and online, please visit cardless.com/cards/simon/benefits. You will earn 5% back for Eligible Purchases made in-person or online at one of these participating retailers."

It's not clear if they have a 3% bonus category for ordering things online from a non-ABG retailer and picking them up in a Simon Mall store, though.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Just to remind that, most of the mall retailers have heavy promotions.  A lot of them are on most of the cashback portals.  I can easily find 5%, 6% and even 8% from time to time.  I could earn more depending how I make the purchases.  

Message 7 of 13
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Just to remind that, most of the mall retailers have heavy promotions.  A lot of them are on most of the cashback portals.  I can easily find 5%, 6% and even 8% from time to time.  I could earn more depending how I make the purchases.  

So are you saying in additional to the promotions from the retailers--you can possibly earn more CB if you use the Simon AMEX card?

BUSINESS
Message 8 of 13
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I have heard about this card maybe 3 months ago or so.  It was intriguing at first.  But the substance is not strong.  I do not recall exactly.  But it seems it requires more micro-management.

I have no problem with AmEx cards.  But I do not think I'd like narrow or niche card like this one.  

I think they just opened it up to applications recently. The last time I was there a little over a month ago they weren't publicly promoting it yet.

BUSINESS
Message 9 of 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

That was the time the card was announced.  I do business with Simon Mall myself.  So I pay attention.  But I did not expect them to have the size to issue a co-brand card.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.