cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since I was a kid, I always wanted an AMEX...I need helping getting a BonVoy Brilliance AMEX

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Since I was a kid, I always wanted an AMEX...I need helping getting a BonVoy Brilliance AMEX

Yes, you can be added as an AU. Keep in mind that this won't help with building history with AmEx in general, this simply gives you the opportunity to use an AmEx CC.
Message 21 of 59
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Re: Since I was a kid, I always wanted an AMEX...I need helping getting a BonVoy Brilliance AMEX

You don’t get elite status as an AU, so the card will not have the benefits you’re after available to you.

You’re just going to have to wait unfortunately.

|  
Message 22 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

Well I guess 4 years left to go

Any other card recommendations?
Message 23 of 59
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@MichaelWoodland wrote:
Well I guess 4 years left to go

Any other card recommendations?

Yeah, wait a little 

If not, these two sub forums have a lot of information you're looking for 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/bd-p/bankruptcy

Message 24 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

Would it be possible under the Bonvoy for business? My business has its own EIN

Message 25 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

A little help, need Marriott status Gold or better

So I’m about a year post discharge from a ch7

Any options besides waiting on an Amex?

I didn’t burn Chase but my wife did. Never had an Amex

I’m trying to see if other easier to obtain cards are out there
Message 26 of 59
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

I think it’s funny the way you worded that. ‘Only blemish I have is a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.’ It’s the worst thing you can have on your credit report 😂
FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 27 of 59
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@MichaelWoodland wrote:
Would it be possible under the Bonvoy for business? My business has its own EIN

You could try... My ex wife had a serious issue with the IRS (After our divorce, Thank God!) and her scores are in the toilet, but she owns (CEO) her own SLS (corporation) and a couple group homes for the mentally disabled. She has substantial business lines with Amex and Chase. (Her business accounts are also with Chase with income around $250K/month... I'm fairly sure this played into their decision.)

(Footnote: If your business is filed as LLC, they may not accept you as a guarantor.)

Message 28 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

Just presenting the facts

Lulz

It was a tough time. Govt over reach caused it
First it was the DOI then the DOL
Message 29 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

So you’re saying there’s a chance!!
Message 30 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.