cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since I was a kid, I always wanted an AMEX...I need helping getting a BonVoy Brilliance AMEX

tag
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

Re: Since I was a kid, I always wanted an AMEX...I need helping getting a BonVoy Brilliance AMEX

Credit one is no good?

Why’s that? Like driving a yugo?
Message 51 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Since I was a kid, I always wanted an AMEX...I need helping getting a BonVoy Brilliance AMEX

They have a couple offerings that are no annual fee, but most carry an AF, and they bury you in other fees, even for having an AU or getting a CLI, or certain payment arrangements. Many also have no grace period. They’re predatory cards and should be avoided if other options are available. First Premier falls into this same category too.
Message 52 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

Dang glad I asked
Message 53 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep as others have said, Credit One is a joke company, avoid business with them at all costs. 

If it's all you can get, you can jump on the Cap1 QS1 card if you think it's worth it and it's the only rewards card out there for you. IMHO you should be trying to grasp your financials as a whole and give your BK7 some time to age. So by the time 5 years has gone by you'll be in a good position to get the cards you want and can actually use. 

Messing around with junk cards and paying ridiculous AF's just to have a card that offers very little in rewards is just a waste. Stick with your current Cap1 platinum card or whatever it was and buckle down for awhile! Cheers! 

Message 54 of 59
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gosh, i didn't even know about Amex until I was 23 or give or take. So to think there are people have wanted it since they were a kid, man was I out of the loop. lol 

When you're old as dirt, 23 is a kid. Coincidently at 23 I got my first green card from Amex. It was 1979. I think by 1982 I gave it back. Didn't use it. 

Message 55 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

Thanks for the insight

I’m in much better shape financially I’m working two jobs and not spending
Message 56 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

This is almond joy nuts

Amex wants to deny me their credit but Im approved for a new car

Crazy world
Message 57 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MichaelWoodland wrote:
This is almond joy nuts

Amex wants to deny me their credit but Im approved for a new car

Crazy world

A car loan is secured or mostly secured,  depending on how much you put down. An unsecured credit card is unsecured credit, which is much more risky to the lender.

Message 58 of 59
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

Looks like capital one pre qualified me for The Savor card and the Venture card

I’m thinking the venture card may be what I need for airline miles
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.