cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since when did Synchrony start squatting on payments for multiple days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since when did Synchrony start squatting on payments for multiple days?

On 12/28, I paid off a $353 balance on my Stash Visa and also an $870 balance on my Ebates Visa. The accounts do show the payments posted, but do not reflect the amounts in the available credit. As of today my available credit is short those amounts on both accounts. It's not like I need the funds, but I find this unusual for Sync.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
core
Valued Contributor

Re: Since when did Synchrony start squatting on payments for multiple days?

Perhaps due to the long holiday weekend?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

Perhaps due to the long holiday weekend?

Maybe, but as I said this is unusual for my accounts. It's almost like they want to see the ACH funds clear my bank. (both cleared on the 30th) But......they trust me for 15k, but feels like they don't trust me for my payments. lol   I'm sure it's probably just the way their computer program is set to operate. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

On 12/28, I paid off a $353 balance on my Stash Visa and also an $870 balance on my Ebates Visa. The accounts do show the payments posted, but do not reflect the amounts in the available credit. As of today my available credit is short those amounts on both accounts. It's not like I need the funds, but I find this unusual for Sync.

That's an excellent question... so far my payments to Care Credit and Sam's Club MasterCard have posted right away (like yours) and usually the available credit is updated a few hours later (my payments tend to post late at night, with available credit updated first thing in the AM).

I always use my bank's bill pay to do an ACH 'push' with Synchrony, that might be making a difference.  I have used Synchrony's bill pay on occasion (ACH 'pull'), but it's been over a year so I don't have any current experience with it.  I don't recall having a delay back then either, though.

Since it's been nearly a week, if it were me I would probably give them a quick call.  Even if you don't need the available credit right away, at least you would know what's going on.

Edited to add:  As a data point, my Sam's Club MasterCard payment is similar in size to your eBates payment.  The payment is always over $1k each month.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.