Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sisters Comenity cards shut down!

tag
northface28
Established Contributor

Re: Sisters Comenity cards shut down!

@Cotton_Britches wrote:

I know Comenity is a business, but a gas card could mean the difference between making it home safely and being stuck on the side of the road. That sucks.

No, it doesnt. If youre relying on credit to put gas in your car, you have way bigger issues than sudden AA.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northface28 wrote:

No, it doesnt. If youre relying on credit to put gas in your car, you have way bigger issues than sudden AA.

These days not everyone carries cash in their wallet.  Not saying that's the best decision in the world, but it's still possible, and that doesn't mean they're relying on credit, at least not the way I believe you're implying.

Message 12 of 35
northface28
Established Contributor

Debit card? even if you dont carry cash, you should be able to access it.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 13 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Comenity SUCKS!! Why approve cards only to close them? What a horrible way to do business!

Well, maybe.   But what is happening is a person applies for card one, then two, then..... 10 (say!).   Now when card 10 is applied for, they could refuse to issue card 10 and also close the other 9 at that point (too much credit seeking) but I don't think that would necessarily reduce the complaints here

Basically the kind of credit seeking seen here isn't at all normal in the general population, so it may take some special processing by a risk/audit/security group to determine a shutdown is needed.    Also, in a spree, while the inqs are visible, the new accounts (from other issuers) may not be, again leading to approval followed by a shutdown.

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the main reasons WHY I carry a backup cash reserve in my wallet along with a debit card. But what if that debit card is from the same bank that AA'd you?
Message 15 of 35
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@northface28 wrote:

These days not everyone carries cash in their wallet.  Not saying that's the best decision in the world, but it's still possible, and that doesn't mean they're relying on credit, at least not the way I believe you're implying.

+1

I haven't used cash in so long. I can't remember the last time I used it. I still have the same $360 I loaned to a family member in my night stand after he paid me back last summer. Heck..I forget it's even there until I slide important letters in there for safe keeping. lol

Jeeezz...paper money will soon be extinct. That's why I carry more than one card and use more than one bank.

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yesterday i went to the convenience store close to my house to buy some stuff, i used my Virgin visa and it was declined, tried again and declined, came home and saw an email from Equifax that something changed on my report, checked and see that the card was "close by the grantor" or something like that, i had this card for 2 months with a perfect payment record, used it and paid, at the time it was closed has no balance, so i called the card back number and they told me that it was closed on Nov 19 and it was a letter on the mail, no explanation whatsoever so go figured.

Dont plan to fight this, i already cut the card in 4 pieces and im seriosly thinking in closing 2 accounts i have with them, i dont have any negative thing in my report  and my scores are 690-709 so dont understand why.

I'll never ever do business with them again.

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

But what is happening is a person applies for card one, then two, then..... 10 (say!). 

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:

Someone created a separate post stating their relative only had the Overstock card, did not have a lot of inquiries, and that card was closed down.

Message 18 of 35
jeffery581
Established Contributor

RE:"No, it doesn't. If your relying on credit to put gas in your car, you have way bigger issues than sudden AA."

You have bigger issues if you use subprime cash or a credit card with no rewards/ discounts or a debit card were you can be wiped out quick and for a while. 

Smiley Wink

Sorry, rude comment you left, and I for one get tired of that on a place like this.Smiley Indifferent

Annnyyyyyway. Caring multiple cards is always a good idea.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 19 of 35
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000 

I too am tired of seeing such comments!

@jeffery581 wrote:

RE:"No, it doesn't. If your relying on credit to put gas in your car, you have way bigger issues than sudden AA."

You have bigger issues if you use subprime cash or a credit card with no rewards/ discounts or a debit card were you can be wiped out quick and for a while. 

Smiley Wink

Sorry, rude comment you left, and I for one get tired of that on a place like this.Smiley Indifferent

Annnyyyyyway. Caring multiple cards is always a good idea.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.