Did you mean: 

Sisters Comenity cards shut down!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sisters Comenity cards shut down!

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Sorry to hear for your sister!!! Smiley Sad  I hope she got some other cards to use.

Ron.

How is comenity treating you?  Smiley Wink

I think he closed several during the last round recently from what I recall.

Ron, all your other open Comenity CCs seem ok, right?

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also interested in how Ron and CA coping with the Comenity shut down.

Like many others, I haven't used cash in ages. I suppose I'm different from others in that I usually have cash on me, just in case. I probably haven't spent more than $200 in cash in the last year, mostly at food trucks, but I did have some issues at gas stations when I drove across the country last summer.

People say credit isn't a game, but I disagree. it is a game like any other, and it is played by both sides. Every now and again, the other player scores. Usually, it's through interest payments, but sometimes, it's going to be through rebalancing the rules. All you can do is adjust how you play.

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

But what is happening is a person applies for card one, then two, then..... 10 (say!). 

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:

Someone created a separate post stating their relative only had the Overstock card, did not have a lot of inquiries, and that card was closed down.

But that is not typical of the majority of shutdown posts here is it?  Which, almost by definition, complain of the shutting down of several Comenity cards.

Here is a second post of a person only having one Comenity card and it was shut down. Whether it is typical or not, it is still happening.

Re: Comenity Bank close all my Visa/MC Accounts

My Truevalue Discover Card was closed today. Its the only card I have with Comenity. Had it 2 months. Small charges and PIF.

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was considering a Comenity store card but after reading all of these horror stories the last few days, i've decided to steer clear of them. They will never get my business.

Message 34 of 35
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I know what you mean! I took a gander on over to their site, and they had their twitter feed on the first page, and surprisingly, all their tweets were about contacting customer service. When I went to twitter and viewed the conversations, it was people complaining about one thing or another. There wasn't a mixture of good and bad, just bad. Needless to say, definitely has me pumping the brakes.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.