Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slate Card - Such a small Credit limit

tag
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Slate Card - Such a small Credit limit

not only just a hard pull but a double hard pull. They pulled both EX and TU for my app and again for a CLI.

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 11 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I think Chase only allows for two cards per customer...or so I've heard. Anyone else have more than two cards with Chase? You could be maxed out with your CLs with Chase. You have two cards with them at $500. How old is your Chase Amazon? If its already past the 6 month mark...no negatives reporting, I'd ask for a CLI. Expect a HP. They like to pull Experian.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 16
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I think Chase only allows for two cards per customer...or so I've heard. Anyone else have more than two cards with Chase? You could be maxed out with your CLs with Chase. You have two cards with them at $500. How old is your Chase Amazon? If its already past the 6 month mark...no negatives reporting, I'd ask for a CLI. Expect a HP. They like to pull Experian.

I have 3 Chase cards.

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 13 of 16
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I have 5 cards with Chase. At one point I had 7 but I closed the low two (including a Slate with a $1500 limit). There is more of a maximum total CL across all cards than a number of cards in particular. Yes they will horse trade limits around but I have not had to do this yet.

Perhaps the OP has a thin file. Give it time. I am not seeing any generous credit lines in the first post. Chase seems to like to jump on the bandwagon not lead it from the start. 

Naro wait a while. Make a transfer to the Slate but make regular payments to reduce it on a timely basis. Do not transfer and forget about it for 6 months, that's not responsible behavior. Chase will like positive actions and should reward you with an increase in 6 months or a year. Be prepared for a HP or so but don't sweat those, HP can always be explained away if needed. Keep notes in a file and in the future if you get declined for too many HP you have record as to when/why and most of the time if the rest of your credit profile looks solid that will overlook a few HP with good reasons. Yes, requesting and being granted a CLI is a good forgivable reason. 

Message 14 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

I hope not only 2 I want the Southwest Airlines card and I have Chase Disney and Chase Freedom

Message 15 of 16
Naro
Established Member

thanks for the info!  But I don't understand the fact that they promote the card for balance transfers and then they give out small amounts of credit. Generally people that want to balance transfer have a few cards with a bit of use to them.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.