Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small app spree

tag
BRmacguy
Established Member

Small app spree

I've been on the boards for a while now, posting sometimes.  Had some credit problems in the past and had gone 14 years without a credit card.  After finding the forums and reading/looking.  I finally apped in March for an Orchard Bank card...got approved for $500.  No lates, have run a good amount of purchases through it, but paid my car off, so I took a hit on AofA and available credit.  After looking around on here, I apped for a Cap One Card (who I had burned about 20 years ago) online, but got the 7-10 response...called and got no help.  Eventually got turned down because EX can't find me in their system (I've been battling off and on with them for a couple of years about that..thought it was fixed).  Decided to app for an Amazon store card...got approved for $800, apped for a Lowes card, got the 7-10 days, and apped for a walmart card and got $400.  I really want a Barclay card next, but will sit on these for at least 6 months to let it age and good stuff show up on my report.  Both pulled TU ( am in Louisiana), and TU is showing a judgement from 5 years ago that is paid, but not currently showing as paid on report

TU 629  (MyFico 9-5-11)

EQ 623 (MyFico 9-5-11(

Starting scores: 550-575 all 3
Current Scores:644 EQ (myfico 2-27-13), 659 TU (myfico 2-29-13) 659 TU (walmart fico 2-4-13, 690 EX Fako (credit sesame 2-6-13)

Discover More $1300, WalMart Discover $3000, Orchard Bank $500, Amazon Store Card $2300, Lowes $5000, JCPenny $700, Old Navy $1200, Buckle $300
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ontop
Regular Contributor

Re: Small app spree

Looks good and good luck on Barclay. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Small app spree

@BRmacguy wrote:

I've been on the boards for a while now, posting sometimes.  Had some credit problems in the past and had gone 14 years without a credit card.  After finding the forums and reading/looking.  I finally apped in March for an Orchard Bank card...got approved for $500.  No lates, have run a good amount of purchases through it, but paid my car off, so I took a hit on AofA and available credit.  After looking around on here, I apped for a Cap One Card (who I had burned about 20 years ago) online, but got the 7-10 response...called and got no help.  Eventually got turned down because EX can't find me in their system (I've been battling off and on with them for a couple of years about that..thought it was fixed).  Decided to app for an Amazon store card...got approved for $800, apped for a Lowes card, got the 7-10 days, and apped for a walmart card and got $400.  I really want a Barclay card next, but will sit on these for at least 6 months to let it age and good stuff show up on my report.  Both pulled TU ( am in Louisiana), and TU is showing a judgement from 5 years ago that is paid, but not currently showing as paid on report

TU 629  (MyFico 9-5-11)

EQ 623 (MyFico 9-5-11(

Hi there.

I just wanted to let you know that paying off the car loan (Congratulations BTW!!) does not affect either of these things. Closed accounts in good standing continue to report for generally 10 years after closing which helps both your AAoA and credit length history.

Also even though utilization on installment loans is scored it's such a small amount as to be a non-factor. The utilization on revolving credit though is very critical. It makes up 30% of your total score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.