Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small auto CLI from Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small auto CLI from Chase

I just logged on to pay my Chase Amazon Visa and was surprised to see a small auto CLI form them! Only $300 but it's nice to get one with out asking Smiley Happy Now my total credit limit is $3,300.

I also just got my 3 statement for my Discover More and was disappointed that I didn't get a CLI from them. I was hoping I would after seeing so many people post about an auto CLI after their 3rd statement cut. Oh well, maybe they'll show me some love after the 6th statement!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Small auto CLI from Chase

gp8242: I too am keeping my fingers crossed for a 3 month CLI on my Discover More Card. If you don't mind me asking what was your starting CL? I started out at $5,000 and from (what I've read on this board) Im not likely to get an AUTO CLI. Apparently, a lot of people only get auto 3 mo. CLI if their starting limit was less than $5,000. I would greatly appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dameon773, my cl is only $1000. I've heard that when you start with a lower cl they usually do an auto cli every 3 months for the first year so I was really disappointed to not get one! Maybe you'll luck out and they'll give you one!
Message 3 of 6
john398
Senior Contributor

How long have you had your chase account?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my Chase Amazon in May of this year. They just cut the 4th statment and gave me the increase.
Message 5 of 6
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Well the magic cutoff with Discover is not $5K. I opened about 18 months ago with $4.5K and have not received any auto CLI. I called them after the 12th statement and asked if a CLI was available and was told "not at this time for your account. You may request again in the future." Good news is there was no HP for the request. They were just looking at my account info.

I still have one minor baddie on my CR's (less than $500 collection from 2006) which was there when they approved the card initially. Maybe when that's gone but I don't care. I have a few high CL cards and use Discover for the bonus categories and anything else I'm going to PIF that month. My interest rate is like 17%, certainly not attractive to carry a balance.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.