cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So $500 Zync cannot be converted to NPSL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So $500 Zync cannot be converted to NPSL?

I've had my Zync since may and researching about converting it to NPSL, but it seems as though that is not possible? My credit profile has increased greatly since I was approved in May, and thought it would be very easy to do...

What are my options? I really don't need the NPSL right now, but it would nice to have in case of an emergency.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: So $500 Zync cannot be converted to NPSL?

AFAIK $500 limit cannot be removed.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

AFAIK $500 limit cannot be removed.

I don't understand why they would put this restriction in...

Can I apply for a new Zync with a SP, and then cancel my current Zync?

Message 3 of 13
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Maybe just apply for a green or gold charge, or even for a revolver?  For the PRG, they waive the fee for the first year I believe.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@koalablue wrote:

Maybe just apply for a green or gold charge, or even for a revolver?  For the PRG, they waive the fee for the first year I believe.

If I was going to apply for another AMEX right now, I would apply for the BCE. For me, I really can't see how a charge card would benefit me over a revolver.

Are all applications for AMEX soft-pulls if you are already a member?

Message 5 of 13
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I apply for a new Zync with a SP, and then cancel my current Zync?

You cannot apply a new Zync. AMEX no longer accepts application for Zync.

For AMEX cardholder, SP for denial and HP for approval. Be prepared for 3 HPs if you are borderline approval.

Message 6 of 13
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I would give the BCE a shot.  As the other poster said, its a SP if you're denied.

Message 7 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Zync 500 stays 500 and will not be changed. Many people accepted the card thinking otherwise (including myself) but that is not the case. Search the plethora of threads created concerning this topic.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j_casteel wrote:

Zync 500 stays 500 and will not be changed. Many people accepted the card thinking otherwise (including myself) but that is not the case. Search the plethora of threads created concerning this topic.

It doesn't even make sense, so that thought didn't even cross my mind back when I was approved.

Regarding applying for the BCE now, I may hold off for a better offer.

Message 9 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

It doesn't even make sense, so that thought didn't even cross my mind back when I was approved.

Regarding applying for the BCE now, I may hold off for a better offer.

it was a counter offer if you were denied the NPSL card. the terms stated the limit, etc and after talking with several CSRs including the EO of AMEX it was clear that this card was for questionable/subprime people and was never going to be upgraded to NPSL.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.