cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So $500 Zync cannot be converted to NPSL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So $500 Zync cannot be converted to NPSL?

@j_casteel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Zync 500 stays 500 and will not be changed. Many people accepted the card thinking otherwise (including myself) but that is not the case. Search the plethora of threads created concerning this topic.

It doesn't even make sense, so that thought didn't even cross my mind back when I was approved.

Regarding applying for the BCE now, I may hold off for a better offer.

it was a counter offer if you were denied the NPSL card. the terms stated the limit, etc and after talking with several CSRs including the EO of AMEX it was clear that this card was for questionable/subprime people and was never going to be upgraded to NPSL.

People are approved for $500 limit revolvers and end up working the limit up to $5k+ with history. I don't understand how this is any different.

Just don't ever remove that hard limit for "questionable" people.

Message 11 of 13
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Zync 500 stays 500 and will not be changed. Many people accepted the card thinking otherwise (including myself) but that is not the case. Search the plethora of threads created concerning this topic.

It doesn't even make sense, so that thought didn't even cross my mind back when I was approved.

Regarding applying for the BCE now, I may hold off for a better offer.

it was a counter offer if you were denied the NPSL card. the terms stated the limit, etc and after talking with several CSRs including the EO of AMEX it was clear that this card was for questionable/subprime people and was never going to be upgraded to NPSL.

People are approved for $500 limit revolvers and end up working the limit up to $5k+ with history. I don't understand how this is any different.

Just don't ever remove that hard limit for "questionable" people.

AMEX isn't allowing any changes to any ZYNC accounts for the time being as the card has been discontinued.  

There have been stories of people having their HL's removed (usually without them knowing until they signed on to their account page) but not in 2012.  There's no way to verify those stories however (though it was usually after 6 months of having the card on the rare occasion it did happen, when they were allowing changes to ZYNC accounts).

One plus with it might be that usually when AMEX discontinues a product, they don't usually just drop those that have it.  ZYNC card holders will probably be able to keep them as long as they want (I was also told this by BLUE CSRs), and being it's an AMEX Charge for only $25 a year, that's not a bad deal.

Wait until they have a good offer for getting a BLUE series or something you're interested in then apply, you're probably best off keep ZYNC regardless however.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 13
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Close the zync wait 90 days and apply ffor what you want. Especially if your report has improved. You will find it very difficult to get approved for anything else amex while your zync with a hard limit is open.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.