cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, AA happened... Amex is terrible...

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: So, AA happened... Amex is terrible...

For opening new accounts?

Message 41 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really sure. Most likely not for new accounts. Its been quite a while but back then I had a late payment or two so probably due to that more than anything else. 

Its been so long its off the reports now. 

Message 42 of 93
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@bonehead88 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Why wouldn't a lender want to see alot of useage?   If they give someone a 10k CL that is tieing up money from someone else that could use it..  Gotta show useage especially if you are apping alot or they think spend is going to others, which it is..  

So basic question - does it actually work like this? Genuinely curious.

I always thought that there was no hard limit for each bank so that my $10K was taking away from their ability to approve others.

The vast majority of people never use most of their credit line anyway so I assumed it was just a digital number like most of the financial system.

Yes bank have to have reserves.. They can only lend out X amt. to their reserves.. No clue of that ratio

Message 43 of 93
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:
Oh yeah...Citi never CLD or closes accounts for too many new accounts/inquiries right? If so, add them to the list of companies not acting like jealousss hawks.

Never say never. Any credit can CLD or close accounts at will, especially if you are doing "risky things" like a lot of new accounts. And for the record, Citi has definitely taken AA on some people on this forum.

Message 44 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:
Oh yeah...Citi never CLD or closes accounts for too many new accounts/inquiries right? If so, add them to the list of companies not acting like jealousss hawks.

Never say never. Any credit can CLD or close accounts at will, especially if you are doing "risky things" like a lot of new accounts. And for the record, Citi has definitely taken AA on some people on this forum.

CLD from Citi (and Chase) around 2009/10. 

Message 45 of 93
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Citi CLD----For new accounts????
Message 46 of 93
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Happened to popamode...it was awhile ago, but yes, he got a lot of new cards and Citi shut him down.

Message 47 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Happened to popamode...it was awhile ago, but yes, he got a lot of new cards and Citi shut him down.

And they wouldn't reinstate due to being under 21. Sad affair.

Message 48 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welp, it happened. I experience my first AA today, due to all my excessive apping within the past few months.

AmEx isn't your problem. AA due to excessive apping is possible with any creditor.  it is unfortunate but it could have been worse.  You can rebuild from  CLD over time with responsible usage.

@Anonymous wrote:

Even with my inquiries, I'm still pretty upset that they'd do this to an extremely responsible customer

Do not rely on "relationship", usage, etc.  Excessive (up to the creditor to determine) credit seeking is a red flag.

I think it would help a great deal if someone could clearly define what responsible usage is?  Just making MP?  PIF each cycle?  low UTIL?  etc/ etc.

Message 49 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welp, it happened. I experience my first AA today, due to all my excessive apping within the past few months.

AmEx isn't your problem. AA due to excessive apping is possible with any creditor.  it is unfortunate but it could have been worse.  You can rebuild from  CLD over time with responsible usage.

@Anonymous wrote:

Even with my inquiries, I'm still pretty upset that they'd do this to an extremely responsible customer

Do not rely on "relationship", usage, etc.  Excessive (up to the creditor to determine) credit seeking is a red flag.

I think it would help a great deal if someone could clearly define what responsible usage is?  Just making MP?  PIF each cycle?  low UTIL?  etc/ etc.

PIF.

Message 50 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.