cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I finally got a credit score... (FAKO)

tag
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

So I finally got a credit score... (FAKO)

So my credit score finally came in, I have 764 on credit karma, with 4 months of history on my AMEX, and 2 months on my Chase Sapphire. I know i should garden more, but with my credit score i have such a hard itch to app. Should i pull the trigger even though my history is so young?! I want to app for citi forward, and discover IT, and maybe freedom.

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: So I finally got a credit score... (FAKO)

@charleeislegend wrote:

So my credit score finally came in, I have 764 on credit karma, with 4 months of history on my AMEX, and 2 months on my Chase Sapphire. I know i should garden more, but with my credit score i have such a hard itch to app. Should i pull the trigger even though my history is so young?! I want to app for citi forward, and discover IT, and maybe freedom.

No, I would wait until your accounts are 6 months old and you can pull a true FICO score. After that, I would pick up just 1 card and garden for a year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 32
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

its just ive been reading on other credit forums people getting these cards after only two months of history, its making me so jealous! I just want a card for myself instead of sharing as an AU and Joint with the girlfriend.

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 3 of 32
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@charleeislegend wrote:

No, I would wait until your accounts are 6 months old and you can pull a true FICO score. After that, I would pick up just 1 card and garden for a year.

Based on the signature...the OP is an AU on some accounts. Credit karma may not be a true FICO score but the real FICO is somewhere in that vicinity...much lower than credit karma really says. But I do agree with LS2982. I'd wait until your personal accounts are at least a year before opening any new credit.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 32
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I would wait until I had 6 months of history on the first card at least, but that is just me. Usually approvals are based on 2 criteria, scores AND history. Your scores qualify you for almost any card you want. Your history on the other hand....Well, you know...

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 5 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jamie123 wrote:

I would wait until I had 6 months of history on the first card at least, but that is just me. Usually approvals are based on 2 criteria, scores AND history. Your scores qualify you for almost any card you want. Your history on the other hand....Well, you know...

OP's FICO at 6 months is likely to be at high 600's / low 700's so not quite any card they want, but some nice prime ones will be available.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 32
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

OP's FICO at 6 months is likely to be at high 600's / low 700's so not quite any card they want, but some nice prime ones will be available.

Score wise, OP would qualify for a number of cards...BUT...will be denied due to limited history. I don't believe they count AU history during credit applications do they?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 32
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

I believe they can only know that my AMEX is an AU account if they do a manual review, lets just hope when i apply i get instant approvals! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

Score wise, OP would qualify for a number of cards...BUT...will be denied due to limited history. I don't believe they count AU history during credit applications do they?

Not really, they are more interested in what the applicant has done on their own.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 32
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

Not really, they are more interested in what the applicant has done on their own.

question on this, does this mean they will also not count my joint account as highly as a single account would?

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.