Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got my Discover IT card today..

tag
grubs
Valued Member

So I got my Discover IT card today..

And along with it a pre-approval for the Discover IT with a 0% APR until June 2014 and apr following that is 9.99%. The APR I received with a 754 EQ is 0% apr for 12 months and 17.99% after the intro rate.

Should I bother calling to see if they can match?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: So I got my Discover IT card today..

Message 2 of 11
wenbev
New Contributor

Uh, yeah!  You'll have to call to confirm you rec'd anyway, what can it hurt?! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
grubs
Valued Member

Why didnt a 754 fico get me that rate anyway?

Just called the lady I spoke to said that she couldn't match it and recommended me to app for the card again and cancel my current card! Wth!
Message 4 of 11
wenbev
New Contributor

?? why??

@grubs wrote:

Just called the lady I spoke to said that she couldn't match it and recommended me to app for the card again and cancel my current card! Wth!

Message 5 of 11
grubs
Valued Member

I don't know...I'm thinking of calling again later to get a different rep to see if he or she could help me.
Message 6 of 11
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@grubs wrote:

Crazy, they pulled TU for me here in TX and score was 731. I got the 0% 12 month thingy after that it's 15.99%

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 7 of 11
grubs
Valued Member

Crazy indeed...
Message 8 of 11
MrPickleton
Established Member

@grubs wrote:

Have you opened several accounts recently or have several inquiries?

I only had one account opened in the last year, as well as only 2 inquiries when I applied.  It got me a 13.99% APR, mine is the student version.  My TU Fico was 725.  It isn't just about your fico

Amex BCE: 3000, Discover It 2500, Capital One QS1: 1750

Message 9 of 11
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Most if not all issuers do not allow recons on the APR, they don't have the ability to reprice the terms. I doubt Discover analyst can do so but good luck. 0% for 12 months, I would enjoy that and solicit an APR reduction in 12 months. I did and I think got mine dropped 5% at the 12 month mark.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.