Here Remmy, take this 🤕 it will help ya heal fasterSmiley Wink
Message 21 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: So, I made a Boo Boo

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Here Remmy, take this 🤕 it will help ya heal fasterSmiley Wink

Heart

I was going for "dumb but cute" look. Fail.

Up next, paying power bill with health insurance card. 

Message 22 of 30
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Dave Ramsey would call that interest 'stupid tax'

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 23 of 30
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Have you called Chase about making a payment that would include the interest? It's something I've never tried myself. But from reading here, I see that some banks will take a payment that's large enough to cover the eventual trailing interest. That would accelerate the restoration of your grace period by a month.

Message 24 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I did. I can go over a bit (CSR did not clarify what "a bit" is), but not until that charge posts. There is nothing else on that card balance wise, and it wont allow payments because of $0.00 balance at the moment.
I bank with Chase, so I'll know as soon as it posts.
I'll try going over by $25.00 because that's more than sufficient to cover cash advance fee, FTF and interest.
I will call them again when it posts, and see if they can tell me how much I should pay to end this saga.
Thank you for suggestion, I really appreciate it.
Message 25 of 30
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Lack of sleep=brain fart Smiley Indifferent

Try this card..........

zzz.JPG

Oopsie

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
I did. I can go over a bit (CSR did not clarify what "a bit" is), but not until that charge posts. There is nothing else on that card balance wise, and it wont allow payments because of $0.00 balance at the moment.
I'll try going over by $25.00 because that's more than sufficient to cover cash advance fee, FTF and interest.
I will call them again when it posts, and see if they can tell me how much I should pay to end this saga.

Push a payment from your checking account's Online Bill pay for $125 which will more than cover it, and leave the account with a credit balance.

Message 27 of 30
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

So sorry.....but I bought a corvette by accident, go figure, it happens to the best of us......going to sleep now......

Buying a corvette by accident is way more interesting than using a card by accident. I'd love to hear this story.

OP, mistakes happen to humans. Try not to be to hard on yourself. 

Message 28 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Push a payment from your checking account's Online Bill pay for $125 which will more than cover it, and leave the account with a credit balance.

@Anonymous  I just did it. 

I should have done it last night when it was suggested from me, but I was trying to pay it from Freedom tile and assumed that I could not push from checking while card had $0.00 balance, because CC interface would not allow it.  Needless to say, I was doing it wrong. 

I should have listened and probably should not drive for a while Smiley Embarassed

Thank you all for your help and education. I appreciate it greatly! 

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

So sorry.....but I bought a corvette by accident, go figure, it happens to the best of us......going to sleep now......

Oh sure, now you can sleep after you bought the Corvette Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.