Did you mean: 

So, I made a Boo Boo

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: So, I made a Boo Boo

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Amex would have either coded it as business services and not cared or given you FR and axed your Welcome Offer accounts.

This is my fear with AMEX especially on biz cards 😐

Message 11 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I wonder who this will affect my scores? EQ will probably go up by 100 

jk....

Only VS is affected by cash advances  😐

Kiddin' again because if I dont, I'll cry 

"Never paid a penny to Chase" was going to be my epitaph 

Now I cant even use it as a senior quote. 

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm... I thought this was going to be worse than it is so I'm glad it wasn't a bigger boo boo. 

I hate paying anyone interest though so I know how you feel. I am paying for a cash advance on my NFCU Plat right now and that $6 I have paid in interest so far is killing me. 😫

As K pointed out, it's not really a big deal because of intro purchase APR so no need to go read the terms to find out how to get your grace period back. 

Message 13 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Thanks, Saeren.
I'm just irked at how it happened, not so much that it happened, if that makes sense.
I've only used Freedom once in the past 4 months lol

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep I get it. I made my own boo boos, hence the cash advance. 

It's kind of annoying that cash advances can be done without a PIN just because the issuer decides to code it as one. 

Message 15 of 30
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
I sent money to a family member (one I dont even like) using Western Union
After weeks of non sleeping, I grabbed a debit card and paid.
Except it wasn't a debit card 😐
Apparently I used Freedom (stupid blue cards)

Anyway, card had $0.00 balance, I'm aware it's a subject to $10.00 fee (because the amount), cash advance apr and quite possibly FTF.
That's all fine, I thought I had cash advance removed from it, obviously not...(it is now)

If course I will pay that stupid charge the moment it posts, so my question is, how long should I not use it after it's paid
Card itself is still in 0% promo

I'm not itching to use it, still in a process of buying 🧦 bank love, but in addition to feeling stupid, I'd rather pay interest to Credit One than Chase. We're frenemies

Before anyone asks why I had debit card with me..I have no clue . It wasn't and now it is.
I'll blame that on lack of sleep, too.

🤷‍♀️

Well I guess now would be a good time to put that NyQuil siggy of yours to good use then? 🤪

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 16 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@JR_TX wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
I sent money to a family member (one I dont even like) using Western Union
After weeks of non sleeping, I grabbed a debit card and paid.
Except it wasn't a debit card 😐
Apparently I used Freedom (stupid blue cards)

Anyway, card had $0.00 balance, I'm aware it's a subject to $10.00 fee (because the amount), cash advance apr and quite possibly FTF.
That's all fine, I thought I had cash advance removed from it, obviously not...(it is now)

If course I will pay that stupid charge the moment it posts, so my question is, how long should I not use it after it's paid
Card itself is still in 0% promo

I'm not itching to use it, still in a process of buying 🧦 bank love, but in addition to feeling stupid, I'd rather pay interest to Credit One than Chase. We're frenemies

Before anyone asks why I had debit card with me..I have no clue . It wasn't and now it is.
I'll blame that on lack of sleep, too.

🤷‍♀️

Well I guess now would be a good time to put that NyQuil siggy of yours to good use then? 🤪

Oh, that's definitely going to be another cash advance 😂

Message 17 of 30
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yeah, that was dumb.

I've done dumb things too so I have no qualms about telling you it was dumb.  Smiley LOL

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

Yeah, that was dumb.

I've done dumb things too so I have no qualms about telling you it was dumb.  Smiley LOL

I cant handle the truth,  CF Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

‘"Never paid a penny to Chase" was going to be my epitaph
Now I cant even use it as a senior quote. ‘

You can always ask for EE on your boo-boo and qualify for that epitaph....😉
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.