cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So US Bank discontinued a handful of their in house credit cards.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So US Bank discontinued a handful of their in house credit cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

The Cash+ is one of the best things since sliced bread.   If they ever discontinue that card I'll drop them faster than I dropped

Barclays after the Uber disaster.

The Cash+ is an excellent card.  I agree with the Uber disaster.

Message 11 of 15
Green456
Established Contributor

Re: So US Bank discontinued a handful of their in house credit cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

So I recently read that US bank is not accepting new applications for a handful of their in-house cards, As of the time of this post I cannot see them online on their website so I'm assuming they closed the door for new applicants. Unfortunatley one of those cards (cash 365) is in my stable and I'm a tad worried that they would eventually stop servicing these cards and shut them down. Do you guys recommend I ask for a product change? Would the signature cash+ be an option since the limit on my card is only $3000? I do have an altitude with a 22k limit that I wouldn't mind transferring a couple thousand out of if it would get me approved. Would I be hit with a HP?  I might be overreacting but I have no idea if US Bank has a track record of servicing older cards ie: American Express. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! 

So what happens to those that already have USB 365? Is it going to stop working? Am I going to be forced to PC?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

preRe: So US Bank discontinued a handful of their in house credit cards.

I'm pretty sure they're still going to service the card, I think I'm going to PC becuase they have some better offerings, I have other cash back cards and I'm a little paranoid Smiley Very Happy. I'll update the post in a month or so after their new offerings show up on their website and I check which product I'm eligible to PC for. 

Message 13 of 15
Green456
Established Contributor

Re: preRe: So US Bank discontinued a handful of their in house credit cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pretty sure they're still going to service the card, I think I'm going to PC becuase they have some better offerings, I have other cash back cards and I'm a little paranoid Smiley Very Happy. I'll update the post in a month or so after their new offerings show up on their website and I check which product I'm eligible to PC for. 

Do you think it will be easier to PC now?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: preRe: So US Bank discontinued a handful of their in house credit cards.

@Green456 I have no idea how difficult the PC is, I'm probably going to call sometime next month. Will keep you updated! 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.