cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So done with Cap1. Easy Visa or Mastercard to get?

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: So done with Cap1. Easy Visa or Mastercard to get?

I just applied. I hate the loading animations while it processes your application. It's nerve racking! Anyways... instantly approved for a $2k limit! Any sense in trying a recon on the limit or just wait for four months as it is GE? Thank you guys. This card will replace the Cap1 very nicely and I can use it for gas until Discover will give me 5% again. I'm headed back to the garden though. I hate apping.

Message 11 of 30
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

I just applied. I hate the loading animations while it processes your application. It's nerve racking! Anyways... instantly approved for a $2k limit! Any sense in trying a recon on the limit or just wait for four months as it is GE? Thank you guys. This card will replace the Cap1 very nicely and I can use it for gas until Discover will give me 5% again. I'm headed back to the garden though. I hate apping.

Congrats...that worked out nicely, eh?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 12 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

AMAZING!!!! So you got the MC version???? NICE!!!!! I'd wait a few months... PIF the first 2-3 months, and you may see an AUTO CLI....

I got an AUTO CLI my third statement to $4,400, then called UW in August, I think.. and got it up to $7,000.

:-D

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 30
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Yeah I guss it did work out pretty great. I'm just scared to see my aaoa when it starts reporting.

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

AMAZING!!!! So you got the MC version???? NICE!!!!! I'd wait a few months... PIF the first 2-3 months, and you may see an AUTO CLI....

I got an AUTO CLI my third statement to $4,400, then called UW in August, I think.. and got it up to $7,000.

:-D

Yeah it's the Mastercard. Those are some crazy increases! How old was the account when you got them to go up to 7?

Message 14 of 30
john398
Senior Contributor

I was thinking the paypal mastercard was web bank, is it really GE?? If so I love GE

Message 15 of 30
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.

Crap1 should come up with a new slogan "What's in your sock drawer?"

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 16 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I was thinking the paypal mastercard was web bank, is it really GE?? If so I love GE

it is GE! I like it, It is actually a pretty nice reward system... 

One note to keep in mind is pay through your bank bill pay to them... I have had many payments put on hold when moving money from PayPal Balance to pay on card... which is little irritating considering that's like cash... but it's not an issue with billpay from my bank.

Message 17 of 30
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone, I'm still actually kind of surprised by the limit. Discover is higher, but Cap1 is only $500. I'm liking the new slogan. It would either have to be that or "What's in your shredder!?" They're lucky it has no af. If it did have one I would be canceling it next month, but instead I suppose they can get a small charge every few months. I'm talking like a candy bar at the gas station or something. lol. I just can't stand giving crappy companies my business and or money. Treat me right or I will go elsewhere. Although maybe in some ways I should thank them. Seven months ago I only applied for the Discover More because my limit was so low. I got an awesome card with 0% interest, great rotating rewards, and amazing customer service. Now I increased my available credit by 66% and I have a decent gas and restaurant card that will grow because they so thoroughly pissed me off.  I guess they are good for something other then just offering credit to people who don't have any.

Message 18 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

ahhaahahaha love these:

'what's in your shredder'

'what's in your sockdrawer'

I wish Capital One Execs would check this site to see how crappy most people think they are....

I feel lucky to have a 1300 limit with C1.

Well, I opened it in January 2012, and I got the CLI to $7k in like late August I think?? or maybe September?

Good clis either way!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 30
Elcid89
Contributor

I think that the OP has the builder card. Those start with a $300 to $500 limit, possibly increase once and then never increase again.

The entire model for that product is to collect the annual fees. They are basically charging you a fee that they expect will outweigh any potential cash back rewards in return for being willing to extend you a minimal credit line. You're buying a trade line for your report in order to build history, nothing more.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.