Re: So frustrated with capital one

@bourgogne wrote:

031118 KMF CAP1 AA.PNG

Better to have CLI and lost than to never have CLI at all. Smiley Wink

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have quick silver for 9 years. cant remmber if it's a prodcut change... it has been such a long time. Anyway, Captial one rejects cli multiple times, now the card still has $750 limit (my first credit card). I have good score, even Chase freedom unilimited has 23k limit. Guess captial one just doesnt want my business Smiley Tongue Put Netflix on that card just to keep it live. Done with C1

Message 32 of 39
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

i have quick silver for 9 years. cant remmber if it's a prodcut change... it has been such a long time. Anyway, Captial one rejects cli multiple times, now the card still has $750 limit (my first credit card). I have good score, even Chase freedom unilimited has 23k limit. Guess captial one just doesnt want my business Smiley Tongue Put Netflix on that card just to keep it live. Done with C1

Your first card is bucketed. If you apply for a new one, you'll see a SL in line with what you expect.

Message 33 of 39
teer

The worst credit card in my wallet! Wouldn't recommend anyone to capital one they do as they please with your card, when ever they feel like changing your due date they do it without even you knowing, they also report whenever they feel like to the credit bureau. Worst card Do Not Do Not do business with this rip off company!

Message 34 of 39
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Cap1 has changed a lot since 2015-16. I had to endure the Plat & QS1.  Once I went to get the 3 below. They all started at 10g's. Some will remember I turned in 16g's in CL's cause I was scared it was going to pass my income after getting CLI after CLI. I was wrong. But back then CLI's were great. You could combine cards with the limits. No 6 month rules. No Credit Steps CLI's that went over what is promised now. And then came the Savor. No AF and a nice bonus. This was all within 2 1/2 yrs after BK. I did have a perfect payment car loan with them which may have helped. Times have changed and you can see it in all the companies now. Especially with the pandemic crisis. If it was 2015-16 all over again. There'd be a whole lot a Cap1 likethere was back then. But you can never beat the good ole days.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is my thread and I was bitching about capital one, I would love to get the savor for the 4% entertainment as it applies to cd stores/video game stores "leisure" and I flip media for part of my income, but with the reports of denial for too many new accounts with no firm rule, the triple pull and no prequal im not reallt planning on going for it anytime soon, I wish you could pc to savor or savor one from quicksilver, I would burn the crap out of that card

Message 36 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm more pissed about them tacking on the af on statement cut day tbh lol

Are there any lenders that don't do that other than NFCU?  American Express, Bank of America, Chase, Citi, Comenity, FNBO, and US Bank have all applied the annual fee when the statement is generated and not a moment before in my experience.  It's certainly not unique to Capital One.

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it was my first time with an annual fee I just wish I would have known but it was only a month I got over it lol

Message 38 of 39
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Think of Capital One while rebuilding or building credit as an entry level job. You get the new job and you are excited at first, but there's only so far you can go up there. Thank them for the chance they give you and apply for a new card (job).

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.