Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So how many CCs you got in 2015?

tag
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

Re: So how many CCs you got in 2015?

Not a bad year... started off strong and been in the garden since Feb!!

Amazon Store Card - $10k

BoA Alaska Airlines - $5k

Capital One Venture - $5k

Chase Sapphire Preferred- $5k

Citi AAdvantage Plat - $4k

Lowe's Store Card - $17k

PayPal Extras MC - $4k

Message 81 of 97
SuperGotenks
New Contributor

I only had one card before this year and that was the My Best Buy MasterCard. Now I have nine total.

$3500 - Capital One Quicksilver Visa

$3000 - Barclaycard Ring MasterCard

$2500 - BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards Visa

$2500 - Citi Double Cash World Elite MasterCard

$2200 - Synchrony Amazon Prime Store Card

$2000 - Chase Amazon.com Rewards Visa

$2000 - Citi My Best Buy Visa Signature

$950 - Comenity GameStop PowerUp Rewards Credit Card

$500 -TD Bank Target  REDcard

I'm going to keep the top four and close the bottom five soon. Smiley Happy

$40,000 - Amazon Prime Rewards Visa
$35,000 - Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa
$34,500 - Citi Double Cash Mastercard
$30,000 - American Express Cash Magnet
$21,000 - U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa
$20,800 - Comenity Playstation Visa
$20,000 - Capital One Quciksilver Mastercard
$14,500 - Discover it Cash Back
$7,500 - Google Store
Message 82 of 97
UncleB
Credit Mentor

2015 has been a huge year for me credit-wise... I've not been approved for this many cards in a single year since "back in the day" when I was first starting out!

$7000 - Capital One Quicksilver Visa Signature

$1000 - American Express BCP

NPSL - American Express Green (Yeah, I know... it will be closed when the AF hits)

$6000 - Discover It
$8000 - Care Credit

$4850 - Sam's Club MasterCard

$15300 - NFCU Platinum MasterCard

I've also received some healthy CLIs on Lowe's, Belk, USAA Visa and my QS1 MasterCard as well, the latest of which was last night.

I actually thought this was an 'over-the-top' number of new accounts until I started to read this thread... some of you guys make me look like an amateur!

The 'thing' with me right now is inquiries; I've got four on TU, four on EQ and three on EX... I know there are folks around with a bit more, but I feel that it would be pressing my luck to add more accounts at this time, so I'm 'taking a break' for the moment.  I don't want to call myself 'gardening' - you could say I'm afraid of commitment, LOL - but I'm effectively doing so at the moment.

Message 83 of 97
EddieK
Established Contributor

DCU

PRG

MB Amex

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 84 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just 2 cards.

Message 85 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB u have had a great year indeed! Glad to see your sams MC got a nice CLI. I must have missed that!

Yeah inquiries are the devil. Mine are super out of control right now. 25 is crazy. But its to the point where they arent really messing with my scores. I kinda doubted that at first but there is quite a bit of truth to that.  

You should add some AUs to your green card and register them on separate accounts for amex offers. There have been some fairly decent ones lately!

Message 86 of 97
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ummm add 1 more.. Not sure if it counts since it is a business TL, that won't show on personal credit.. SimplyCash... Wanted a hidden TL that won't impact my AAoA and Amex loves me for now.  Had an Experian inquiry to spare as well.  That is all

Message 87 of 97
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

UncleB u have had a great year indeed! Glad to see your sams MC got a nice CLI. I must have missed that!

Yeah inquiries are the devil. Mine are super out of control right now. 25 is crazy. But its to the point where they arent really messing with my scores. I kinda doubted that at first but there is quite a bit of truth to that.  

You should add some AUs to your green card and register them on separate accounts for amex offers. There have been some fairly decent ones lately!

Thanks!

Yeah, Sam's Club MC gave me an auto-CLI last month (went from $1500 to $4850).  I might could do a little better with Credit Solutions, but honestly I'm content with that.  I've been consistently putting $1k-$1200 on it each month (and PIF) so eventually they might give me a little more, but it's quite usable where it is now.  I really just wanted enough that I could get some tires on it (on 0% promo) without cramping my usual spending, and now I have that.

I'm letting my inquiries serve as a 'governor' on my applications... if something really awesome were to come out, I think I would still be OK, but too many more and that would likely become the reason to be declined.  I also have one 'baddie' left that will drop off next fall... so the countdown for a 'pristine' file has begun!

Thanks for the suggestion on adding an AU on the Green... unlike the PRG (and BCP) the Green charges an AF for the AU card, so that would put me even further in the hole, so to speak.  I've taken advantage of a few offers since the summer ($40), so if I were able to consistently do that at least I would have the AF down to where it was when I had my Green back in the 90s, but when I start doing more work than my card does I have to reassess the situation.  When I had my Green the last time it was always my go-to because my other cards stayed maxed-out; that's not the case now so its utility is questionable at best.  It's a good feeling knowing that at the register, any card I take out will be approved.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 88 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started this year with 1 secured CC from WF - that is now unsecured

Now I have:

Home Depot - $6000

Discover IT - $6000

Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards - $3000

Amex BCP - $2500

Barclay UPromise - $4000

Cap1 QS - $5000 (in mail)

Message 89 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

All since 7/30 (in order)

Capital One Playstation Visa $1000

Discover IT Chrome $1400

Barclays Apple Rewards Visa $2000

Barclays Rewards Mastercard $2500

J Crew $450 (Shopping Cart Regret)

Motorola $750 (Shopping Cart Regret)

Capital One Venture Visa $10,000

Capital One VentureOne Visa $5000

Amex Everyday $1000

Amex Premier Rewards Gold $NPSL

Comenity Virgin America Premium Visa $2300

I finally closed my First Premier account last month. Feels good man.

Message 90 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.