cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So how well have I done after 10 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how well have I done after 10 months?

So in 10 months i've gone from zero credit at all to a target card with a 800 CL and now a WF card with a $2800 limit. FICO's are well over 700. I have zero late paymenets and zero negatives. 

Yes, I understand this is thin but curious how others have fared after this short of time? 

Current goals is to get a 3rd card under my belt and that would be a WF Propel. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So how well have I done after 10 months?

@Anonymous wrote:

So in 10 months i've gone from zero credit at all to a target card with a 800 CL and now a WF card with a $2800 limit. FICO's are well over 700. I have zero late paymenets and zero negatives. 

Yes, I understand this is thin but curious how others have fared after this short of time? 

Definitely good progress! That's a long gardening for a thin file. I'd normally try to get 3-4 decent cards/CLI and garden for 24 months and repeat. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you would like to compare I can give you my fiancee's stats:

credit history: 9 months

1 car loan: 2.9% APR

Amex BCE: $5600

Amex Delta: $2000

Apple Card: $4500

Discover Secured: $200

Scores: 750-780

she doesn't care about credit cards. I made her apply. 😁 

Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Be careful here, thats a slippery slopeSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 12
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The slow road works also.

My daughter

One 5 year old CU card and a 1 year old Discover

No loans

835 Ficos

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep going the slow route you are going, instead of trying to get to x cards before y months. Keep building your card portfolio carefully, getting cards you like and will use that fit your needs, without too many hard hits at once. Keep paying on time, every time, and keep utilization low.

You do that for 15 years, you'll be amazed at what you'll have. High CLs, a card in your wallet that will fit any need, and a whole lot of spend flexibility, including ways to earn money from your credit score.

Not to mention lower mortgage payments, car payments, car insurance premiums, etc. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting good credit from zero is pretty easy. Get a card or three, use responsibly and never miss a payment and your credit will quickly be in the the 700s and in a few years get into the 8s. When you do that and never falter, you really don't even have to worry about the optimization strategies we talk about here. 

I started about 18 months ago, but had the lucky advantage of starting with three cards with large limits, which let me put a lot of spend through while keeping utilization low. 

I've been wanting to get into WF cards for quite a while, but killed it for a while with a lot of ill-consodered hard pulls for cards not worth bothering with.

Message 7 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope she likes the landscape in the garden till the end of the year. Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 12
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Great progress! Credit is a marathon not a sprint so dont feel like you have to rush things!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 9 of 12
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems like it wasn't very long ago you were posting about how frustrated you were with things and your cards not budging. Now, I am by no means trying to give you grief, just happy that it looks like you've had some success! It looks like your cards have seen some increases if I'm not mistaken? Sometimes it feels like the credit game is more waiting and formulating your next plan of attack more than anything else. Sometimes being stuck for a bit is an excuse to take time just to come up with a better plan for what is going to come next. Either way, congrats on your forward progress, and good luck with whatever comes next! Smiley Happy 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.