Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long Capital One

tag
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

So long Capital One

Just closed the second of my two CapOne bucketeers and I couldn't feel more elated over it. No regrets here. I feel like I've now moved past any need for 'builders' or 'sub-primers'. My other lenders have been good to me and I keep moving forward.

To anyone who feels they have reached the point to move on from a lender, but is hesitant for any reason.

Do it.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: So long Capital One

@SoCalifornia wrote:
Just closed the second of my two CapOne bucketeers and I couldn't feel more elated over it. No regrets here. I feel like I've now moved past any need for 'builders' or 'sub-primers'. My other lenders have been good to me and I keep moving forward.

To anyone who feels they have reached the point to move on from a lender, but is hesitant for any reason.

Do it.

Curious, would you count NFCU cashRewards and Platinum or BECU Cash Back Visa as "Builder" or "Sub-Prime" Cards?

Message 2 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@SoCalifornia wrote:

Do it.

Curious, would you count NFCU cashRewards and Platinum or BECU Cash Back Visa as "Builder" or "Sub-Prime" Cards?

Those are not "builder" or "sub-prime" cards. Those are prime cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@SoCalifornia wrote:

Do it.

Absolutely not. I don't know about the BECU card, but the Cash Rewards card has the potential to GROW (as do all unsecured NFCU cards, from what I understand).

Message 4 of 23
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Amen to that. Congrats on moving on! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 23
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the freedom.
I'll eventually close mine as well in a year or two once I have some credit history.

There are more deserving and appreciative CCCs out there. Say no to the Bucketeer life!

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 6 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Before we get on a Cap1 bashing spree, Id like like to take a moment and just  remind some folks that have apparently forgotten, that Cap1 one gave you your start or rebuild in credit, when noone else would. No reason to hate on them, if they arent working out, and you have better cards now, just be greateful youve been able to get those better cards with their help. 

They were my first unsecured CC a month after my BK DC, and I'll be forever grateful. They kickstarted my credit rebuild, and gave me 5 cards, (over the course of 3 years),  which I eventually combined into my now Venture @$48K!  You just have to be patient, see the future potential, and know how to work the credit sysytem! 

If you spend any length of time on these forums researching, you'll know that eventually, you just apply for a better card with them, and then roll the CL from the card thats not moving to the new one, or go to chat or call CS and asked if youre eligible to PC to a different card. 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well said @pizza1!

I personally love Capital One... If I had to pick three cards to keep and get rid of the rest, my QS would be one of the three.

People seem to like to try to lump Capital One in with the likes of Credit One and its ridiculous.

Message 8 of 23
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 and @saeren 

Right 👍🏽

I want to be clear, this post isn't meant to bash CapitalOne at all. While I have had my fair share of complaining about them, I've decided for me, it's just a matter of simply moving on. Chase was actually the first lender I had ever dealt with, in fairness, they were the ones to jump start my credit journey. I then chose to give CapOne a shot, while I was still pretty credit ignorant.

Cap serves its purpose, you can't compare apples to oranges and expect orange juice. I just became bucketed with them- when meanwhile, elsewhere I was growing. My first car was a junker, still got me around but I had no intent to park it in my future garage. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SoCalifornia wrote:

@pizza1 and @saeren 

Right 👍🏽

I want to be clear, this post isn't meant to bash CapitalOne at all. While I have had my fair share of complaining about them, I've decided for me, it's just a matter of simply moving on. Chase was actually the first lender I had ever dealt with, in fairness, they were the ones to jump start my credit journey. I then chose to give CapOne a shot, while I was still pretty credit ignorant.

Cap serves its purpose, you can't compare apples to oranges and expect orange juice. I just became bucketed with them- when meanwhile, elsewhere I was growing. My first car was a junker, still got me around but I had no intent to park it in my future garage. Smiley Happy

@SoCalifornia , makes sense, but I didnt want the "tone" set for a cap1 bashing. I completely understand, and you have to do whats best for you in your situation. Me personally, I believe I'll always have Cap1 in my Wallet, as they did move with me, and I burned them pretty good too in my BK, so I feel with the 2nd chance, and their prime card I do have now, I"ll keep them Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.