Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long Capital One

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: So long Capital One

I'll say Congrats. You see my RIP cards below. And what I ended up with Cap1. They did their job and I was rewarded. Some start threads on here oh look at me I trashed my Cap1 cards. I'm cool! Well there isnt a card that hasnt taken a bash fest from any bank. But they did their job. Time to move on to bigger and better things. Way to go!

Message 11 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Before we get on a Cap1 bashing spree, Id like like to take a moment and just  remind some folks that have apparently forgotten, that Cap1 one gave you your start or rebuild in credit, when noone else would. No reason to hate on them, if they arent working out, and you have better cards now, just be greateful youve been able to get those better cards with their help. 

They were my first unsecured CC a month after my BK DC, and I'll be forever grateful. They kickstarted my credit rebuild, and gave me 5 cards, (over the course of 3 years),  which I eventually combined into my now Venture @$48K!  You just have to be patient, see the future potential, and know how to work the credit sysytem! 

If you spend any length of time on these forums researching, you'll know that eventually, you just apply for a better card with them, and then roll the CL from the card thats not moving to the new one, or go to chat or call CS and asked if youre eligible to PC to a different card. 

I have not forgotten that they helped me get started.

But after that they behaved very unprofessionally.

So if I feel like bashing them, it's not because I have forgotten anything. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. In my opinion they are a low class, discourteous bank which has little respect for laws and regulations.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 12 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

These topics come up from time to time, and while there certainly can be disagreements, let's all remember to be friendly, supportive and respectful of our fellow posters.  The guidelines are outlined here for everyone's reference Friendly, Supportive and Respectul.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm keeping QS in my wallet because its the only non FTF MC I have. There are places I go that only take MC for whatever reason. Also its my 2nd ever credit card (first already cancelled). I can write down its numbers from memory.

I am considering citi premier for my next card, but I probably will down grade it after a year.

Message 14 of 23
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

I found this post interesting because I'd recently been thinking about closing one of my Cap1 cards but couldn't decide 1) if it was a good idea and 2) which one would get the axe.

1) My Cap1 QS Visa is one of my oldest cards.  They approved my app just DAYS after my Ch13 DC with a $10,000 SL.  It's been somewhat stuck since then and is currently at $11,000.  I'm also interested in doing a PC to a Savor, but don't know if that's a good move.  For instance, does a PC count as a new account when it comes to 5/24?  I don't want a new card to take up a spot that I'm saving for a CFU and CF.

2). My Cap1 WEMC is not as old as my QS Visa, but it's 1 of only 2 MC that I have in my wallet.  Everything else is Visa or AMEX.  I like to have a variety of cards.  It's also stuck at $11,000.

I'm planning on apping for a couple of different cards in the future, but want to pare down what I already have without taking too much of a hit. 

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but was just curious if anyone had suggestions as to what they would do.

Message 15 of 23
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

I found this post interesting because I'd recently been thinking about closing one of my Cap1 cards but couldn't decide 1) if it was a good idea and 2) which one would get the axe.

1) My Cap1 QS Visa is one of my oldest cards.  They approved my app just DAYS after my Ch13 DC with a $10,000 SL.  It's been somewhat stuck since then and is currently at $11,000.  I'm also interested in doing a PC to a Savor, but don't know if that's a good move.  For instance, does a PC count as a new account when it comes to 5/24?  I don't want a new card to take up a spot that I'm saving for a CFU and CF.

2). My Cap1 WEMC is not as old as my QS Visa, but it's 1 of only 2 MC that I have in my wallet.  Everything else is Visa or AMEX.  I like to have a variety of cards.  It's also stuck at $11,000.

I'm planning on apping for a couple of different cards in the future, but want to pare down what I already have without taking too much of a hit. 

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but was just curious if anyone had suggestions as to what they would do.

If I were in your scenario, I would definitely wait until CapOne 'fixes' the account combination feature and then combine the WEMC into the QS Visa. Then PC it over to the Savor you are interested in. That would give you a nice CL on an excellent Cap card. That would be my personal move, since you have the limits worth keeping with a lender who sometimes shys from that. Either way, the PC shouldn't count toward the 5/24 rule. 

Message 16 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Personally, I would hold tight with those 2.  Unfortunately, there are no PC's available for Savor at this time.  Yet to be determined whether they would even entertain that option at some point.  The other caveat to this, they stopped doing account combinations, at least for the time being.  However, if that option were to return, you could entertain combing both accounts.  But, I don't think having each at $11K is a bad thing, especially if they are not being used to a great capacity and your other tradelines listed in your signature seem to be on par CL-wise.

Message 17 of 23
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Personally, I would hold tight with those 2.  Unfortunately, there are no PC's available for Savor at this time.  Yet to be determined whether they would even entertain that option at some point.  The other caveat to this, they stopped doing account combinations, at least for the time being.  However, if that option were to return, you could entertain combing both accounts.  But, I don't think having each at $11K is a bad thing, especially if they are not being used to a great capacity and your other tradelines listed in your signature seem to be on par CL-wise.

I know it has been up in the air for months now, but I have been assured, numerous occasions by several CapOne Reps, that it will absolutely return. They just can't pinpoint its return. So, I agree. Perhaps by that point, they will also allow PCing with Savor again. 

Message 18 of 23
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Bummer.  I had no idea Cap1 wasn't allowing account combos or PCs to Savor.  I hadn't been keeping up with them, tbh.  Right now, I have a couple of recurring charges (movie ticket plan and MyFico subscription) on the WEMC and I throw an occasional work expense on the Visa.  No harm in keeping them for now.  Thanks for the advice!

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why savor? It's just 4% and carry an AF, your Amex gold is already better than that.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.