Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So new Amex Plat came today..Disapoint :(

tag
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today..Dissapoint :(

At least your card didn't come Next Day Air with all the words and numbers skewed to the right. LOL Mine looks like it has a shadowing effect going on or something. It's like the card wasn't lined up right in the embossing machine and instead of everything being centered, it's off to the right. My card says member since '12 on it too, but on my credit bureau report, it says member since '11 when I got my Zync.

Even though asthetically, it bothers me, I dare not call them back. LOL I just didn't want to appear that kind of shallow. As long as the card swipes and transactions can be made on it, I'm not worried.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 35
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Good point as long as it does its purpose who cares about the date on front. Although I do hope it reports differently to the CRA as historically I would apply for amex every six months during app sprees to help my AAOA and close immediately since hey always FR me at activation. This time they not only caught my bluff but are screwing with my member date. So it all could go terribly wrong if I have to close it. I may have to cave in to their tax requests yet!
Message 12 of 35
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

So no welcome box? No brochure with all the perks? I would seriously call and ask for them to send you the kit. I was happy to get mine that way as it detailed all the perks and how to get them - but mine is the business card and I just looked at the box/kit and it says business. 

Message 13 of 35
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

So no welcome box? No brochure with all the perks? I would seriously call and ask for them to send you the kit. I was happy to get mine that way as it detailed all the perks and how to get them - but mine is the business card and I just looked at the box/kit and it says business. 

If they expedited the card I'm betting the welcome kit will come a few days behind the card

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 35
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 15 of 35
Settemio
Regular Contributor

I received mine about a year ago. It was in a very fancy and elegant platinum colored box with a ton of brochures. The whole package was about double the size of a box of checks... I was very impressed... Maybe they cut down for 2013...

Message 16 of 35
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

If they expedited the card I'm betting the welcome kit will come a few days behind the card

So a welcome kit does exist for this card then? Yeah it was expedited, was approved yesterday came today.  Like I said for the fee and prestige they try to associate with this card you would think it would come in a nice welcome kit rather than a standard white envelope.  I like glamour and prestige people!! especially for $450 per year!!!!  darn may as well go get the Barclay Visa black least I get a luxury gift lol

Message 17 of 35
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

a quick search of google shows a couple unboxing videos

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 18 of 35
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today.Disappoint :(

@ryanbush wrote:

a quick search of google shows a couple unboxing videos

Yes I saw images prior to the delivery of the card. That is why I was disappointed!  since I saw a couple of images of the card placed neatly in a nice looking box.  So I was surprised when all I got was a shabby looking envelope. It's a samll minor detail but those those samll count in my book Smiley Happy 

On a seperate note I just checked my account online and it has now since changed from 'Thank you for being  a member since 2013" as it was when I activated online  to my original member date of 1995.  So if i do end up closing it down I still get the added AAOA bonus Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 35
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today.Disappoint :(

Did you at least get the 100k bonus from last week?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.